Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hi so i was looking at HRM and i want to ask my hubbs to get me one for christmas, but what kind are good. Should it have a chest strap or no? The one i did have i needed to press a button every time i worked out harder and it was really annoying so i am looking for a hrm that works, but not too pricey
Thank you :)

Replies

• SkinnyCate
    Options
    I have the pink Polar one -- I think it was like 80 bucks? It has a chest strap but I hardly notice it (sits right where your sports bra goes anyways).
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have the pink Polar one -- I think it was like 80 bucks? It has a chest strap but I hardly notice it (sits right where your sports bra goes anyways).

The Polar 6 Pink one is $105 on Amazon and $104 with Heart Monitors USA.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    LOVE the polar F6. mine is a women's one - black w/ flowers (called diamond something)
    i got it on ebay for about $75
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    ok now what about digital scales?? does it matter which one it is, are the walmart ones accurate?
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm contemplating heading to best buy today with my gift card to look for one... I had a hrm without a chest strap. And it was awful!!!!
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it... mine is a few years old and I think we paid $115 for it... I'm looking into getting a more updated one now (hopefully for Christmas!) :)
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between polar ft 4? 6 or 7?
  • Kayte625
    Options
    Do you mean a digital scale for weighing yourself or for weighing food? I have a small Taylor food scale that I love. I think I paid $30 for it? I don't like my bathroom scale for weighing myself, so I'm not going to recommend that one :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    my hrm is in the cupboard hid up from me coz father christmas is bringing it (i could sooooooo do with it now!) I have a beurer weigh scale IT IS FANTASTIC does fat %, water % muscle % as well as weight in lbs stones or kg fabby!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between polar ft 4? 6 or 7?

yeah, thats what i wanna know.... i have been looking at HRM on amazon and its making my head hurt. im so confused.
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the F11 and I love it. The chest strap monitors are the only ones that will monitor continuously. I tried to find one without the strap thinking i would hate it, but I hardly even notice it. The F11 keeps track of your weekly exercises, calories burned, and time of exercises. At the end of the week it tells you if you have reached your previously set goals. Or it tells you if you've been a slacker! It also sets a target heart rate based on your fitness level and fitness goals. It has a little arrow that points up or down depending on if you are working in or out of your target heart rate. My chest strap also links up with most cardio equipment that has a heart rate monitor function. Its a few years old and I just had to change the batteries. I think I got it online at Heart Rate Monitor USA.

Hope this helps!
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting a HRM as well. Can anyone tell me if they make beeping noises occasionally? Often when I'm at the gym I hear beeping noises in the cardio section and it is hard to tell where the noise is coming from, but I've seen a few people fiddle with their watches while the beeping is going on.... personally, it would drive me nuts to have that thing start beeping while I'm working out.
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine you can set to beep or not to beep. Just depends on your preference!