Question about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
I just grabbed level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred last week from Amazon Prime Instant. I really like it, but it seems weird to me that there's just one episode of level 1 workouts. I would think that we should be doing something different every day instead of the same workouts until you can move onto level 2, etc.

In the past when I trained at a gym I always did different muscle groups to allow for the muscles to heal between workouts.

Anyway, is that all there really is to it, or are there more level 1 episodes on the DVD?

Replies

• nobpmeds
    Options
    Not sure. I was doing level 1 4 times a week for a while (before I fell back into my bad habits) and liked the results. BTW-I got the
    level 1 30ds for free on youtube. Not sure if the other levels are available too.
  • anpatrick99
    Options
    Yes, there is just 1 episode of Level 1 and there are 3 levels. I did 30 Day Shred last April and did a mix. I did 5 days Level 1, 5 days Level 2, 5 Days Level 3, 5 Days Level 2, 5 Days Level 3, and then 5 days of Level 2 to finish up the 30 days. Level 2 is most definitely my personal favorite, I feel that I get the most out of that level. But I started at 163 and got down to 140 in just 30 days! I did not follow her diet plan, I just ate smaller portions and cut out ALL pop and only drank water and I drank A LOT of it! I just started the shred again yesterday, just completed day 2 of Level one. I cant wait to see where it gets me this time. I started at 138 and already dropped 2 ponds of water weight. I am hoping to get to 125 by April! Wish me luck :)
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Did you move on to a new level even if you had to take breaks in the current one? I take a couple of water breaks in level 1. I'm about to do my 5th day. It's feeling better but man am I out of shape.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The way she maps it out is 10 days at level 1, 10 at 2, and 10 at 3. But really, I would do whatever you are comfortable with. And yes, I moved on, even though I was taking water breaks.

I just finished today! Very exciting!! I lost around 2" all over.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The reason there is only 1 level 1, level 2 and level 3 is because EVEN THOUGH it is called 30DS, it is not meant to be done every single day. Even Jillian says that. Pick up a few of her programs and rotate them if you feel the need to do something every day. When I did it 3 or 4 years ago I did it every other day with walking on the non-Jillian days.