Hello The Final Time

Options
Hello, my name is Teresa and I have recently discovered this site. I actually had it on my phone but wasn't using it properly. Anyway, I am, like most of us, trying to loose weight again. I have been overweight since my late teens. I've yo yo dieted for years. I was pretty successful with Weight Watchers back in 2000, but after about a year, I gained all the weight back and then some. I have made several attempts since then but never followed through. My mother died from being overweight at the age of 55 from complications from diabetes. I have always modeled my life after hers and I don't want to die in 14 years! I have been trying to count calories for the last 2 weeks or so, but man is it hard! My doctor told me I should make a daily goal of 1600 calories. I haven't been able to get down to that many yet, but I'm working on it. Just a couple of days ago, (Thanksgiving) my husband fell and was knocked unconscious because the chair he was sitting in broke underneath him. He's over 300 pounds. This really scared me. He really could have been hurt. It was the final straw for me. It opened my eyes to the fact that it could have been me too. I am determined to loose the weight once and for all! Life is too short to be tired, in pain, and out of breath all the time. I really like this website because it does the counting for you. And I love that you can save meals too.

So any advice or encouragement that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this.

Replies

• jmakowski
    Options
    Good luck! I hope that you make your goal. Its hard to begin but things will get easier. I promise you that.
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place for motivation and support! You will do wonderful here! My mom is 53 and has several health issues due to juvenile diabetes so I am trying to make sure that i can lose the weight and keep myself from geting adult-onset diabetes. I can't imagine losing your mother at such a young age. We can do this! Hopefully, we can both help other special people in our lives get healthy!:happy:
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and I'm pleased to meet you on such a great site! If I can help you in your journey in anyway, by all means reach out. Wishing you much success. :flowerforyou:
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This is the BEST site to give you the motivation to accomplish your goals too. Just take it one day at a time - it does get easier!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    add friends, join challenges to hold yourself accountable (there will be a whole bunch of december ones in just a couple days), take it one step at a time, one meal at a time, read the forum posts under general weight loss with the thumb tacks.

If you are a "walker" there is a november walking challenge post that will turn into a december walking challenge in a couple of days. you can check it out though to see what we're doing.

Best of luck to you- add me if you'd like!