Weigh Ins - How and When?

Options
What time of day do you way in? Do you where your tennis shoes and workout outfit?

Hi, I used to weigh in in the mornings with no clothes after going the bathroom. Lately, I get my weigh ins at the gym with my gym clothes on and my tennis shoes on around 11:00am with food and water in my belly. I don't have a scale at home anymore, got tired of dusting it...

Was just curious how others are doing it out there...

Replies

• auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't matter when you weigh in or what you're wearing as long as your consistent every time you do it. Don't weigh in one morning naked first thing in the morning then compare that to a weight measured fully clothed 5 hours later. Just be consistent in your choice and do whatever time works best for you :)

I personally weigh in at my office every Friday first thing in the morning. At that point I've had coffee and breakfast and am fully dressed :) I do take my shoes off :)
  • Michigander1956
    Michigander1956 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week and I do that on Mondays, in the morning after I go to the bathroom .Never do it at the end of a day ..that's when you have retained fluids and ate your meals . Hope this helped .Have a great week
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I agree that consistency is key.

I weigh at home, nude, every morning before I bathe.

I never weigh at any other time. If I have even had a cup of coffee, I won't weigh myself.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh weekly but now it's monthly. I do it first thing on a morning, after the bathroom in my underwear.
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after going to the bathroom, naked, before eating or drinking anything, and before showering. I only log my weight here when it's lower than the last time I entered it. That way I know when I'm maybe not doing as well with my eating or exercising (gaining a bit or not losing as consistently) and also it keeps me motivated to only seem my weight going down here on my ticker and in my stats.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning naked before my shower. However I only post my weight on Friday mornings. I just like to keep an eye on it through the week.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings after my first coffee kicks in. I love Fridays for a weigh in day...that way if I have an over indulgence on the weekend I have all week to modify my diet to fix it.
  • arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I wonder what the difference would be between the wiegh ins at the gym (fully clothed with food and drink) and the one I could be doing at home... guess I need to go shopping for a scale, maybe one that does BF too. Sigh!

53099968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ashleymmannisto
    ashleymmannisto Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning before I eat. No clothes, or just a bra and undies (depends on what I slept in). I only enter my weight in on Wednesday though.
  • kidtachyon
    kidtachyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning in my underwear. I also weigh in every night, but just for fun to guess how much weight I will lose overnight.

I find weighing every morning helps to keep me focused on my goals for that day. I recognize (and am not bothered a bit) that the scale will bounce around from one day to the next.
  • SRuiz126
    SRuiz126 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning after going to the bathroom and with just some boxers on... However I only record my weight here on Sundays... I do this because Saturday would always be my cheat day and I would go crazy on the food. Now, Saturday is still my cheat day but since I know I am going to record my weight on Sunday morning, I tend to not cheat with a lot of food.
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday morning naked, first thing after waking up and going to the bathroom. I do not eat or drink anything before weighing. I enter my weight on here every time, up or down.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Every monday morning. First thing. Naked. After peeing.

Keep it consistent and watch the trend over periods of 2-4 weeks. Small timescale blips are water weight, glycogen, stuff like that.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I weigh in naked every morning after using the toilet. I log it daily. It does go up and down-but when I look at the 30 day report I see a consistent downward trend.
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Like many others, daily first thing after using the bathroom. I log it and it fluctuates but the trend is very valuable and I have learned what foods cause me to hold water weight.

I never panic about an up day or get excited about a down day. It is about the long term trend.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I never panic about an up day or get excited about a down day. It is about the long term trend.

Listen. To. This. Man.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key. I weigh myself at the gym with no shoes, usually before dinner. No big deal if I see some fluctuations.
  • Ennielyn
    Ennielyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the mornings at home after using the bathroom, but before I workout. I also reweigh myself after my morning workout to account for whatever residual water weight may have been reflected in the pre-workout weight. Lastly, I weigh myself before I go to bed if I worked out in the evening as well.

I record my weights here when these two things occur: 1) New weight is lower than previous MFP recorded weight. AND 2) The 2-3 day average of new weight falls within a narrow range (0.2-0.4 lbs). In other words, new weight has been approximately stable for 2-3 days.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning in my underwear. I also weigh in every night, but just for fun to guess how much weight I will lose overnight.

I find weighing every morning helps to keep me focused on my goals for that day. I recognize (and am not bothered a bit) that the scale will bounce around from one day to the next.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week and I do that on Mondays, in the morning after I go to the bathroom .Never do it at the end of a day ..that's when you have retained fluids and ate your meals . Hope this helped .Have a great week

This is me, and I always do it naked before I jump in the shower. I weigh myself most other mornings too, but only worry about the monday morning one. After my challenge is up in a few weeks I'll try to only do it monthly...but I always get curious LOL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!