Calorie limit vs. net calorie limit

Options
2»

Replies

• lunapetu0311
    Options
    I personally try to eat the calories burned. Some days, I am just not hungry and don't feel I need them. But yes, you are SUPPOSED to eat the calories burned so that you maintained your minimum of calories for the day :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's not a limit, it's a goal and yes, you should eat them back at least half :)
  • erica5520
    erica5520 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert and just started tracking myself. Initially I was consuming 1200 and was feeling hungry all the time. Last week I increased my calorie intake to 1500, not only did I lose some weight but I am feeling much better. So now I stay between 1200-1500.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

But 1200 is not enough to sustain your body,, which is why MFP adds the cals back.

How do you know this?

You speak of MFP as a Person who is knowledgeable.. but MFP is a program design by people who do not have a clue.
    stop treating them as if they do..
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So far I have been eating the calories back, while exercising 5-6 days a week. I've had a couple days though where I'm not hungry and didn't eat the calories. I appreciate all the feedback. The forums are definitely helpful!
  • sjdavis15
    sjdavis15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new to MFP and I appreciate this explanation. Great info!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

But 1200 is not enough to sustain your body,, which is why MFP adds the cals back.

How do you know this?

You speak of MFP as a Person who is knowledgeable.. but MFP is a program design by people who do not have a clue.
    stop treating them as if they do..

Okay, 1200 calories is not enough to sustain the majority of adult human beings that are active.