My Journey

Options
This story starts in August of 2009, but I'm going to post a pic from 2007 to show where I really started from... I'm posting this to motivate others and show my history. I know right now a lot of you know nothing about me, but I've been through a LOT in life. For most of my life, I haven't been emotionally stable or balanced. STRESS will hold you back from achieving your fitness goals. Fitness is about a lot more than just 'looking good' or being a 'goal weight'. Now I focus on the thins I can control in MY LIFE. Which being in the Military, isn't a lot. I control what I eat. I control how much I workout. This is my life and these are my decisions...

June 2007 - Age 21
I'm in my first year of marriage, trying to make things work and be happy. I work out when I can, but my ex doesn't support it. She is pregnant and doesn't want me to be 'hot'. This picture is of me getting ready to paint my daughters bedroom. In Reflection I'd call myself skinny fat (although I do have some muscle). Approx 195lbs.

G72yoNwl.jpg

November 2009 Age 24

Unintentionally dropped 20 lbs due to stress from my divorce. So stressed I didn't eat at all. I went from 200 lbs to 180 in a month. This is about 185 lbs.

1eyX5GOl.jpg

May 2010 Age 24

Started doing 5x5 lifts 3x a week. I'm on a dream bulk. Instead of not eating, I'm eating McDonald's and China Buffet almost daily. My highest weight was 230lbs

zoqry2P.jpg

August 2010 Age 25

Preparing for Miami, I start cutting. I'm doing ARMY PT and running 20-30 miles a week. Although my body is responding well, I still have stress in my life - mainly moving away from my daughter for the first time and preparing for my first deployment. I get my weight down to 200lbs at it's lowest. This pic is probably 207lbs.

zoqry2P.jpg

In November of 2010 I deploy to Kuwait. On average through out the deployment, I worked out 2-3 times a week and played basketball 3-4 times a week. I began to started to want to get more muscle and get strong. In March of 2011, I start to have groin pain on the right side. I can't workout from May-June. I had inguinal repair surgery in June of 2011 and didn't start lifting weights again until August/September.

In 2011 I return to the United States, I start lifting and running 3x a week, but on March 1st 2012 I have my appendix removed. This set me back a couple months. In July of 2012, I get serious about lifting and start to pay more attention to my diet. I lift at liftt 3x a week from July - December. IN this time, I develop Plantar Fasciitis in my feet. After months of treatment and me trying to run through it, I get 3 steroid treatments in each foot and the pain gradual goes away. In August of 2012, I begin to experience lower back pain, that at times is crippling. I still have this pain today, although I don't have near as many bad days anymore. I come down on orders to Kentucky, and workout 3x a week before doing a month long training exercise in Feb... In March I decide I'm going to 'get abs'. Notice the date I joined My Fitness Pal...

March 2013 Age 27
I'm about 220 lbs in this picture. Time to get ripped.

3dBj8TYl.jpg

June 2013 Age 27
I start tracking macros and calories - I don't do great, but... I worked out for over 60 days straight. Every single day. I became the Foursquare Mayor of all 4 on post gyms... I also found out in April that I had a broken right foot. It didn't stop me from going to the gym. This pic is after a week of drinking and partying in Las Vegas- my body still looks great. I feel amazing.
0382233a89e511e3a6ea1253daa298a7_8.jpg

November 2013 Age 28
Bulking in Afghanistan. I got up to 228 lbs... On purpose this time. I'm working out 6 times a week on a powerlifting and bodybuilding hybrid program. I get my big 3 up to 1,155lbs - an improvement of over 200 lbs in less than a year. Bench - 315, Squat - 350, Deadlift - 490. The pics on the right are from July of 2013 btw... One on the left is Nov. 2013.

6b734eba4f8411e38e30127af866a7d9_8.jpg

2014 - 28 and Bald.
I'm cutting. I'm happy. I keep stress to a minimum in my life. When I have a problem, I deal with it. I take responsibility for my bad actions, food or otherwise. I think a lot of times we get in a habit of avoiding admitting our mistakes, as if it will help anything...

GwgbNh7.jpg

What's my goal from here? Become the best version of myself. I want to compete in a Light Heavyweight Bodybuilding Competition... I want to inspire others to achieve greatness. I'm going to post more to Youtube... I'm going to remember to take it one day at a time. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. I'm going to play for the future, but live in the day. I'm always welcome to discuss fitness, life, philosophy, etc. Feel free to send me a friend request or message. Alone I am weak, I'm strongest when I'm being held up and supported by others.

HJbIk7J.jpg

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way and have much to be proud for. Thank you for your service to our country and good luck to you with your future goals!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Sorry to hear you've had to deal with some painful things. But you pushed through all of them and you look amazing for it.

It was great hearing your story and getting to know you a little better through it. :happy:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I like you even more now!
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing... You have done great work! Some things we cant control but others we can! You are awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Damn dude. Thats good progress. Congrats.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    excellent.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    /applauds
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    You're amazing and I wish the very best for you!
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Naturally07
    Naturally07 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing your story.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    *drool*
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey!
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Rock on with your progress. With your goals, you've got a lot of fun bulking in your future. (You lucky bugger.) Have fun!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. Much thanks for serving our country. Many blessings to you.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful accomplishment! A lot of hard work but boy does it show. Amazing stuff
  • bcnewell27
    bcnewell27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "I think a lot of times we get in a habit of avoiding admitting our mistakes, as if it will help anything..."

Congratulations on your success. I hope you remember the above quote. Hell I hope I remember it. Good luck in life!
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great achievement well done and liking the picture of you with glasses on :p
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Great progress you have made. Thank you for service our country
    I am trying to control my stress thru working out. I have just started lifting so I have a long ways to go
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely a two thumbs up experience!
  • GumboPrincess
    Options
    WNot everybody understands that getting physically fit can bring up emotional obstacles along the way,Good Job Keep Up The Good Wor!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!