Dukan Diet Attack Phase: Please Help !!

Options
Hi everyone ! I'm currently in the attack phase of the Dukan diet and am finding that Fat free cottage cheese is literally saving my life everyday. I mix it with cinnamon and Splenda and have an amazing treat. However, a lot of blogs and sites have conflicting ideas about consuming too much non-fat dairy in this stage because it causes you to eat too many carbs.

Would a more seasoned Dukan dieter or anyone with a better idea take a look at my Food Journal from today (2/10/14) and let me know if I'm on the right track ?

Thanks !

Replies

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi we are friends but you should open your diary to 'friends' I think you o this under settings

Xx
  • whoknowsame
    Options
    All fixed ! I opened it to friends ! I thought I did that, but for some reason it was on private. Thanks !
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am not a dukan eater, but can I ask why you eat 800 calories? For a very lean person (if thats a current picture) you will set yourself to lose a lot of lean body mass, which means you wont lower your body fat %. So you will be a 10 lb or 20 lb light version of your current self.

Since you have PCOS, it's great that your carbs are low. Thats the most beneficial way to approach that. But you really need more calories if you want to get tight and lean.
  • whoknowsame
    Options
    I mostly set the calorie limit that low to keep myself from going way over. It's more of a way to keep myself in check and allowing a little wiggle room to go over, if that makes sense. My mind works in strange ways haa
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I mostly set the calorie limit that low to keep myself from going way over. It's more of a way to keep myself in check and allowing a little wiggle room to go over, if that makes sense. My mind works in strange ways haa

IMO, it's not really a good mentality. It's better to teach yourself to fuel your body to meet your fitness goals and learn how to weigh your foods to be exact. I can tell you from years of experience, the average women on this board is eating 2-2.5x as much as you are.

I don't know if the dukan diet allows it, but you can add in eggs, veggies (you don' t have any), some fruits, a variety of meals, full fat diary, etc...

But if you want long term success, it's about educating yourself, fueling your body and having a workout that is conducive towards your goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • cerulence
    cerulence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    for this diet Dukan says you can eat as much as you want, you're not restricted, as long as you only eat proteins (and not eat more than 200g of cottage cheese a day).

I did this one a few years back and wow I've lost big and fast. I just never could do the third part of the diet, so I took it all back.
    Now, I'd rather do it slow while eating everything and not have to reintroduce different types of food in my diet later on.

I checked your diary but the truth is I don't get half of what you eat. I'm French and most of your brands don't exist here. what I can say is you don't eat enough for Dukan's kick start part of the diet (you're suppose to never be hungry because those are the 1 to 6 days where you can eat a whole chicken and half a cow a day!).

Now if you've decided to do this diet I won't try to convince you otherwise since you're not a child, but I can tell you to eat more since you asked us to tell you if you were doing it right. Good luck!
  • fannytoot
    fannytoot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are defiantly not eating enough...you need to eat more and also you can't eat any potatoes ... I started off not eating enough and wasnt loosing until I upped the amount I ate ...good luck
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I will be 100% blunt here...

Those calorie amounts are stupid low. There is NO need to eat that low and you are only hurting yourself. Treat yourself better and actually eat some dang food. You are slipping into a disordered way of looking at food. Stop now and maybe you can keep from slipping too far.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Please, don't do this diet. Kind of personnal fight here, sorry in advance for the rant.
    I did it, about ten years ago when M. Dukan just released his book called 'Je ne sais pas maigrir' ('I don't know how to lose weight')
    It seemed written for me. It was not. I lost about 19lbs in 9 months. Without eating any carbs, any fat, no fruits (I mean, SERIOUSLY, NO FRUITS?!).

I was dizzy all the the time, I lost my hair, my smile and my social life.

When I stopped the diet, overnight, because I couldn't stand it anymore, I put the weight back on twice as fast it came off. And then some. It took me a very long time to recover. Physically, of course, and emotionnally. I was complete mess, bordeline ED, scared of food.

If I may add, about 10 days ago, Dukan got banned from the "Ordre des Médecins" (basically this is the Official Doctor association in France)
    He's not a Doctor anymore. He's facing several law suits for prescribing diet pills to his patients, for turning medecine into a business and because this diet sucks!

Please, take an hour or so to read his book carefully. You'll see that he writes like a guru would.
    Everything he says is so supposed to be gold. If you follow the rules, all the rules, all the time with absolutely no window for when 'life happens' you'll succeed. If not, if you make ONE tiny step on the side, you'll fail and it's gonna be your fault.

But, guess what, life happens! This guy is dangerous. Nobody and I MEAN nobody has succeeded in the long run. Even here in France, where is considered as a 'miracle worker' (that being less and less true, thank God!)

I can't believe how I got stuck in this mess. He takes credit for everything good (short time good, I insist) and finds a way to blame his patients for EVERY fail!

GET THE HELL OUT before you metabolism is so screwed up, you'll have a lot of trouble trying to be healthy again. You can't cut out whole groups of food from your life for such a long time.

Feel free to rant, to tell me I'm a hater and I should rut in hell or add me as a friend to say 'thanks' but please don't do this to your body!