FR's without messages

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I don't get random FR without messages, even though I am fairly regular on the boards. Since people who get them seem to have display pics, may be safe to assume that most messageless friend requesters are mostly pervs?

In b4 I get hundreds of friend requests just to prove me wrong
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Like 90% of everyone on this post above me is pretty hot if we're being honest. I can see how people would want to have you in their circle of friends. Now why they don't send messages, that's a little lame even by internet standards (which are hella low btw). I get wanting to look at extra pictures, but if they aren't going to converse on the friend invite, I doubt they'll converse on your wall, through PMs and the like. So what's the point of adding to begin with...

...To creep pics on a private profile to decide if pervy pm will follow.
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I go both ways.

Creepy guy with private profile? No

Clearly new person who might be shy with open profile and 3 friends? Sure

Really smoking hot creepy guy with open profile and 3000 nekkid pics? Creep pics then no.

If I've had too much to drink? Yes to everyone!
    I need to follow this advice.LOL
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I always thought it strange to see people write that they won't accept FR's without a note. That seemed like such a *duh* thing to have to say. It never occurred to me that there were people out there that would actually just send out random FR's without any sort of interaction first… and then I started getting blank requests.

I considered adding a note to my profile, but I have a funny feeling that people lacking the common sense to include one on their own also don't bother to read profiles.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I take all requests. My only requirement is for that person to continue to log in on a regular basis. Those who haven't logged in for more than 2 weeks are flushed down the potty.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Lots of friend request sent with no messages... :laugh:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I accept all friend requests. But most people end up deleting me once they realize that the notice in my profile that says I never interact with my news feed actually means that I never interact with my news feed. I am not the MFP friend most people are looking for.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    For the most part... it a NO
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Nope. And I turn down a lot with messages too. I try to interact with everyone on my list, so keep it to people who I either think I'll have a lot in common with, are funny on the boards, or, I admit, have great abs.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh:

And all this time......I thought....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I usually add them all.....

I'm a slut
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    One day I hope to be one of the cool kids who turns down friend requests. Until then though, I'll add whoever.

I used to feel the same way, then I learned the hard way that there are two types of FR that I will always need to reject:

1) One without a message and a blocked/oddly sparse profile. -- They tend to be spammers.

2) Anyone posting a cheesecake, bikini, cleavage shot. -- They are usually attention starved and will clog your newsfeed with every mundane detail of their lives ranging from "I broke a nail OMG!!!" to family drama and break ups.

Now I need to see at least a sentence that doesn't sound computer generated and a normal picture (if any at all).
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    I'll add people without messages sometimes, like if I've seen them on a friend's newsfeed or something.

If they don't have a picture, their page has ZERO info, or other such suspicious stuff, I refuse it.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't care, I tend to accept anyone. I never send a message either, can't be bothered. If you want to get all high and mighty because I haven't written a message, oh well, there are plenty more people on here.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    No thank you, I dont need one.:glasses:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I go both ways.

Creepy guy with private profile? No

Clearly new person who might be shy with open profile and 3 friends? Sure

Really smoking hot creepy guy with open profile and 3000 nekkid pics? Creep pics then no.

If I've had too much to drink? Yes to everyone!

Sending Ginger a virtual bottle of Makers Mark :-)
  • Jillian11905
    Jillian11905 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of the FR without messages. LOL. I simply have nothing to say at the moment I requested but I am great about commenting on posts and achievements.

For me, it wouldn't matter. I'm pretty friendly and MFP is all about the motivation. I say bring em on!
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Bumping my old thread....there's some people here that still need to see it.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I accept unless people send me negative messages.
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    Sending blank FR to all ITT!:devil:
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Sending blank FR to all ITT!:devil:

You have an awesome profile pic. :drinker:

I was guilty of not sending a message in the beginning, I guess because I didn't know better. But, yeah, put a message or I automatically won't accept it.