hrm / bodybugg worth it?

jerseygirl777
jerseygirl777 Posts: 148
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been wanting a bodybugg for a long time, but never had the money to get one. With my birthday and Christmas coming up, I will have the money to do so. I am just wondering, are HRM / Bodgy Bugg's worth it? Do you see yourself losing more weight with it? I read on the face book site someone was selling theirs because they lost more weight WITHOUT it. I am really unsure whether investing in something like this would be beneficial or not. What has been your experiences with a HRM / Bodybugg? Worth the money or a waste?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I think HRMs are more cost effective. I spent $100 on my Polar F7 and LOVE it! It has definitely helped me in my weight loss journey. I don't go to the gym unless I have it strapped on. If I can't find it, I throw a big tantrum and sulk the day away. Then I tear the house apart until I find it.

I guess for an extra $100, you wouldn't have that problem, since the BodyBugg is attached to you 24/7
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    I bought an inexpensive one at wal-mart at I love it I totally was underestimating and sometimes over estimating my caloires burned! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oregon-Scientific-Smart-Heart-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch/6051181
    I didn't start losing weight till I knew my expenditures!
  • I don't know what a bodybugg is but heart rate monitors are good because you should keep your heart at a certain rate to get maximum fat burning.
  • bkmush
    bkmush Posts: 27
    I've been thinking about it too. Money is REALLY REALLY tight for us and I don't want to buy either unless it's totally worth it. I finally decided I'll just keep doing what I'm doing as long as I'm losing weight well, if I start to stall I will revisit looking into it.
  • ssanchez41010
    ssanchez41010 Posts: 20 Member
    Honestly, I thought about a Body Bug, ect...but I have come to terms...that My Fitness Pal is doing great for me even though I know for the most part I'm estimating my calorie intake and burning....but I had to be realistic..."Was the Body Bug going to be worth it for me?" I came up with NO, just because I know that I'd probably fade out from using it, and I wanted to change my life style and be normal in a way and not have to wear something all day. I want it to become natural for me to eat healthy and exercise, and not be to anal about how much I exactly needed to burn because I ate the chocolate do-nut. I don't know if if you get me hahaha...lol but HEY for some it's worked and worked WELL! So just really think about and do some research. I know after I did the research, I figured it wasn't for me especially at that price, and honestly if it were cheaper I don't think I'd still buy it just because I know with most gadgets I use it then a couple months down the road it's sitting in a junk dresser.
  • Thanks everyone! The bodybugg's are on sale right now and have free shipping, but at the same time, I don't want to WASTE my money. I'm going to have to think about it. I have lost 94lbs on my own, 70lbs without MFP or any tracking. I know the closer to my goal I get, the harder it will be (hence the reason I thought I might benefit from a HRM/Bodybugg). Maybe I will just get a cheaper HRM. I just dislike the whole "chest strap" idea lol. I know I'm weird! Thanks for all of the input!
  • I don't have a body bug but two of my co-workers are doing this program testing for Kaiser Permanente on a new weight loss thing they want to possibly offer their insurance members.

Anyhow back to why I was posting, during this program testing my co-workers are using something like the bodybugg but it's called the BodyMedia FIT Weight Management System. They've been using it for about three months and the love using it. They rave about it all the time and it is very noticeable that they have lost weight (they were pretty active on their own before). So maybe you can look into that one too. I know Costco has them online right now for $169.99 and it includes a 12 month subscription to the site. I am debating on it too.

I guess time will tell if I can afford to get it. Good luck on your decision!!
  • I don't have a body bug but two of my co-workers are doing this program testing for Kaiser Permanente on a new weight loss thing they want to possibly offer their insurance members.

Anyhow back to why I was posting, during this program testing my co-workers are using something like the bodybugg but it's called the BodyMedia FIT Weight Management System. They've been using it for about three months and the love using it. They rave about it all the time and it is very noticeable that they have lost weight (they were pretty active on their own before). So maybe you can look into that one too. I know Costco has them online right now for $169.99 and it includes a 12 month subscription to the site. I am debating on it too.

I guess time will tell if I can afford to get it. Good luck on your decision!!

Thanks! Ill check it out!
This discussion has been closed.