Restarting this journey .... 15 lb in 15 weeks!

Options
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading my post :smile:

I have gained a couple of stone over the past couple of years, my teenage daughter was in and out of hospital with illness ..... and as stress makes me eat (tragically) ... here I am!!! :laugh:

I managed to lose a stone low carbing last year and thankfully have kept it all off, but the thought of low carbing again is not a good one :noway: . So, I have decided to restart the calorie counting, which worked wonderfully before.

My daughter is now recovering very nicely :heart: ... soooo ....I am going on holiday in May 2014 :happy: ,

Wanting to be realistic, I have set myself a target of 15lb in 15 weeks.

I am now at the end of week 1 .... and I know I shall need motivators in the next couple of weeks.

I am a vegetarian, and whilst not particularly health conscious .... I dont advocate serious low calorie eating, I have seen the damage first hand of eating disorder and want to keep this healthy please :heart:

Please send me a friend request if you want to join me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Helliberrie
    Helliberrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    week one --- 2 lb loss ... yay :laugh:
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hope that 15 lbs in 15 weeks is good - I have set my goal to about 1 lb a week, and it seems to be working, even when I have hig pain, low movement, bad eating days thrown in the mix (One week I had a bad day and made poor choices and went 400+ calories over, but with other good days in there, I still lost weight that week! YAY! )

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better. My son is 15.....
  • Helliberrie
    Helliberrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you, yes I wanted to be realistic with it, dont want to set myself up to fail.

15 lb should be a huge difference :)
  • kristinc89
    kristinc89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • mreilly013
    mreilly013 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Last year I made a challenge for myself and wanted to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. I ended up losing around 7 pounds and was upset at first, then I realized how silly I was for being upset at losing weight. 7 pounds was still quite a bit for my frame, and it looks like 15 pounds is close to your ultimate goal also?

I just wanted to let you know that if you don't meet the 15 pound mark, but still get close to it, do not be upset about it. There will def be weeks were you might not lose the 1 pound or maybe even gain some weight. But just trust the process because after my first 10 week challenge, I started another 10 week challenge and eventually hit my 10 pound goal mark. Just took a bit longer than I originally thought.

Good luck in your challenge! You can do it!!!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Your goal is very realistic. Good luck!