Best Heart Rate Monitor and iPhone app combo??

Options
Im looking to purchase a heart rate monitor and I was originally going to buy a polar. Im looking to purchase one to help keep track of my calories burned throughout the day. I recently found out there are different heart rate monitors that can connect with different apps but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to buy. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM watch (Polar F7). I love it, but if I were to do it over, I would get the Polar H7. It is the HRM strap with a bluetooth sensor. Connects to your phone. It looks like there are some good graphs and features with the APP.

But, I still love my watch HRM. It does the job I want it to and I love that it has tracked all my workouts since I got it in early January.

Good luck with your decision!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM watch (Polar F7). I love it, but if I were to do it over, I would get the Polar H7. It is the HRM strap with a bluetooth sensor. Connects to your phone. It looks like there are some good graphs and features with the APP.

But, I still love my watch HRM. It does the job I want it to and I love that it has tracked all my workouts since I got it in early January.

Good luck with your decision!

I love my Polar............that said, a HRM is designed to track workouts......specifically steady state cardio....not good for tracking calories burned throughout the day, not good for strength training.

If you want to track daily calories, you might look at a FitBit type device.....these are activity trackers.....but not necessarily good for cardio workouts (no heart rate component).....I'm sure there is a step counter app that will help you with daily activities.
  • nikki_stanek
    nikki_stanek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't want the fitbit cause its only an estimated amount of calories burned. I'm doing a beach body workout and I want to see how many calories I burn during these workouts.
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The Wahoo bluetooth HR Strap works great with the iPhone. I use it with a couple of apps, my favorite is mapmyfitness, for outdoor stuff. The Wahoo strap basically works with all the major iPhone fitness apps. You can buy it from Amazon or Wahoo directly. The only downside is that it doesn't work with standard Gym equipment like the Polar bands.
  • mr_rat
    mr_rat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like/love the H7 polar, it works with my Iphone, and the app is user friendly. My PT loved it , bought one himself and now we compete. it's fair becaue i burn more calories in a shorter amount of time than him, but he works all day long. it's been shocking but it's a close race, especially since i weigh almost 2 of him :laugh:
  • nikki_stanek
    nikki_stanek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you wear it all day?
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you wear it all day?

I only wear mine when I'm doing my cardio workouts. I don't use it weight training or any other time during the day.