I WILL make time!

Options
I thought I posted this, but I think my browser crashed....anyways...

I've always struggled with keeping up with fitness plans once I got busy. Right now I'm loaded down with work, and my first thought (and most popular thought) was, oh, just start up again in January! Then I thought, no, I can't do that after coming this far!

So, who's with me? These next two weeks are going to be extremely busy for me! However, I have to do it. That means getting up earlier in the morning to get some work done. That means carefully planning my day. It means not being lazy, and not procrastinating.

It's a matter of how bad I want this. What feels better, spending that extra hour in bed or meeting my goals? I'll just go to bed earlier if that's the case, then I'll have the best of both worlds!

L.

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have to step it up a notch as well. That means getting up at 5am to work out before work and the kids wake up!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    We can do it! Just think, we are doing it for us!

L.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Last month was nuts at work and I was fortunate enough to plateau. Next month will be just as crazy, but I want to drop weight not maintain.

So here's to tightening the schedule!
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I REALLY need to get back on track with logging my meals. I changed my meal plan to incorporate more foods and have fallen off keeping track since I did. It takes so much time to redo my meals and keep track, but I notice a slow down in my progress. I keep finding reasons to put off doing it, so it's time for me to recommit myself and really get going. I used to have a trainer to help me, but I don't anymore so I need to rely on my friends in this community to stay on track!

I'm willing to be a buddy to offer ideas and help keep you on track if you are willing to do the same for me!

I've lost 53 pounds in 6 months and am loving my new life. I want to keep up the progress and start the new year out strong!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Awesome, let's do this!

sofadia - I'm there for you, thanks for the friend request :) And congratulations on the weight loss! Way to go!!

vkpmusic - I know what you mean! I think if I get through these two weeks and manage to stick to my guns (both workout and being efficient work-wise) I'll be on a roll.

MichelleFirestone - I did that once before, got up super early to make it to the gym before work. I drove through the snow in the freezing cold when I could have made the choice to stay in my nice warm bed. Those days, I was in the best shape of my life.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I get busy and stressed out and my health goals get put on hold. That's lame, and I'm trying to stop doing it. I'm going to work hard to avoid this same pitfall. I'm insanely busy right now, too, and it's my own fault. I need to stop takiing on too much!
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I always take on way too much in life too. I managed to volunteer for more work than I'm capable of getting done without losing my personal life (again.) The good thing about being chained to my desk is that I can only eat the food I pack with me to work. So if I only pack the good stuff, then I'm committed to eating well for the 10 hours I'm in the office.
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i was JUST thinking about setting my alarm clock earlier to exercise before work! i'm glad others are feeling the motivation too :) ok, i'm convinced... up at 5:45 tomorrow!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    You know what else I'm finding? Plans change so much! I tried to do a lot of work yesterday, and had a pile a mile high today, just so I could go somewhere Tuesday. Well, now that isn't happening, LOL. I'm going to still do the work though, it will make it easier on me in the long run.

Exercise today is run (2.0 miles) and abs. Goal is to not overeat, and drink my water.

L.