Winter Slows Metabolism?

Options
Hi Fitness Pals,

I wonder if anybody else has noticed that they are hungrier for carbs and sugar in the winter? And I notice for myself that my energy level has noticeably gone down. I have to use a lower resistance on the elliptical machine and it is still hard to do 30 min when I would like to be doing 45. My energy usually fluctuates but since it has gotten cold the energy level has stayed down. I thought it might be Seasonal Affect Disorder which I am prone to, but I only seemed depressed for a few days. I also notice that caffeine has less effect on me. During the summer I could eat plenty of the hi-carb snacks my nutritionist recommended. Now I avoid them. And I notice that my waist and hips are bigger no matter what I weigh. Anybody?

Replies

• autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think alot of it has to do with the time change! Your body has to re-adjust and that takes time. In the summer there are (or there seem to be) much more activities and if you are an outdoorsy person to begin with....cold, dreary weather can slow you down. Keep up your fluids and during the day...let the light shine in! It helps those "feel good" hormones get kickin! Hope you get to feeling better soon!