Gotta Look Good for the SPOTLIGHT!

Options
Hey guys...just wanted to say HELLO and that I'm excited to be using this site to help me lose weight! :smile:

I started my weight loss journey in December of last year when I looked in the mirror and hardly recognized myself anymore. Since then I've lost 25 pounds but put a few back on...so I decided to join myfitnesspal to help keep me in check.

I will be updating my DIET & WEIGHT everyday and updating my MEASUREMENTS every 2 weeks. Hope you'll be my friend and check out what I'm doing - because last time I logged everything I ate I lost the weight FAST! I also exercise daily...I love Pilates and Dance cardio classes. I work the front desk at Healthworks gym in Boston and I get a free membership which is nice :)

I'm a singer/songwriter in my last year at Berklee College of Music and when I graduate in May I will be moving to LA to look for a songwriting, modeling, and acting job. I love being in the spotlight and I'm ready to get back there again and be TRULY HAPPY with the way I look!

- Jourdan

p.s. I have been into fitness so much lately that I want to get my credentials to become a Personal Trainer! I have been studying for a few months now and am learning a lot. If you need any extra help, motivation, or suggestions, please let me know and I'll see if I can help you :)

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    Welcome to the site, Jourdan. I think MFP is wonderful, and I hope it helps you, too. I could always use some encouragement, so I'm going to send you a friend request. :tongue: Let's cheer each other on!
  • autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hear ya gal. You know your goals and thats great...also working a gym can be so beneficial for you....makes me jealous...LOL :tongue:

I sent you a friend request.....we'll help each other!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and good luck... We'll see you in LA when you get here! Let us know when your music is ready.
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds great everyone...support systems are the best! Keeps us all held ACCOUNTABLE for our diet plans and exercising! :)
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A singing-songwriting personal trainer-entertainer? LOL! Sounds like FUN!!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Jourdan! You sound like you have the perfect mindset to do this... and working in a gym must be such a bonus! Sent you a friend request also... good luck!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A singing-songwriting personal trainer-entertainer? LOL! Sounds like FUN!!

Thanks so much guys for your support! I lost TWO POUNDS since yesterday morning because I drastically changed the type of foods I've been eating. Yesterday it was all natural foods and I actually ate my exercise calories! I think eating MORE calories when I exercise is going to help me in the long run and is something I never did before. I was probably eating only 800 net calories a day and that's why I was at a plateau!

NIce to meet you all :)