I am addicted to takeaway curry!

Options
I cant get enough and have tried making my own but they just arent the same! what should i do?

Replies

• deadyankee
    Options
    Eat less of it
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Even if you make an awesome one at home (I can), they are very high in calories.

I'm a curry addict and I've had to cut it completely out of my regular diet, I can seriously eat 4 cups of rice + tofu curry in one sitting.

It's also a trigger food for my BED.

So I only have it now a few times a year for special occasions like my birthday.

You're going to have to find the strength within yourself to say no.
  • VickieFat
    Options
    Its so hard,mine is more ritualistic..a few glasses of wine, a film and then the ordering of the delicious food...i will have to think of something else to do with myself instead. Its got so bad now that all food tastes bland to me if its not curry!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    make it fit, make your own, or make it stop.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with curry? I eat curry all the time.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Get a thing of curry powder and put it on the food you make at home.
    I like to put it on cauliflower and squash.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You can make healthy versions at home, you just need to do some googling for good recipes.
  • VickieFat
    Options
    @LarryDuk, I dont think its just the curry but the chips,naan bread,pilau rice and the fact its washed down with wine!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Can you cut it to once a week? You can work it in. Either take the once a week calorie hit (like give yourself 500 extra that day) or adjust elsewhere with exercise and lighter meals before and after curry night.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A good Indian cookbook and a slow cooker - add more vegetables, less oil/ghee and don't have as much rice - that way you can have more curried deliciousness.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    gross
  • VickieFat
    Options
    @rockmama i think thats probably the best idea to try and cut to it once a week
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    @LarryDuk, I dont think its just the curry but the chips,naan bread,pilau rice and the fact its washed down with wine!
    then you're lying to yourself. Curry, by itself, isn't the issue. It's everything else.

That said, my response is still the same. Either make it fit into your calories. Make your own and make it taste better, practice makes perfect. Or, just stop it altogether if you just go nuts with it.