Need a Change!

Options
Okay, well I decided I had to make a change in the way I've been living my life for the past few years! I've been depressed for over 3yrs & I think its about time I should do something to change this. With the depression, I gained about 30-40 pounds. I'm not happy with myself, but instead of just continue feeling sorry for myself, I want to do something to change it. I also have scoliosis, which requires me to be thin! :-/ So I'm hoping & praying that I finish what I started!

*I know I will!!* :wink: & it would be awesome if anyone would like to join me or help in any way possible! Feel free to add me! :wink:

Replies

• Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Let's help each other :)
  • mili0603
    Options
    Thank you! We should! I'll send you a friend request! :smile:
  • Squash97
    Options
    You can do it! Just take it one day at a time. I have found a huge difference in my moods and energy levels since exercising regularly. It definitely changes the way you feel, plus you feel good just knowing that you are doing something. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ashbash2011
    Options
    hi every one! I'm new here, and like every one else here, I'm looking for a change. i go to Tillamook bay college. because I'm a full time student, i now have free membership to the YMCA. so i might as well use it right? i know the holidays are coming up real fast, so i want to get ahead before i get behind, if you know what i mean. if any one wants to talk about work-out plans, add me and we can talk. happy holidays!
  • Tshiamo
    Options
    Hi - I've just joined today. I want to loose 32 kg in total by June 2011 and feel light and carefree. I have been getting bigger and bigger year after year for teh past 10 yeras or so and IT IS TIME THAT IT STOPS RIGHT NOW!!!!! So I hope to count on the support and motivation of you veteran (weight) losers to help me through.

I struggle with cakes and sweet things occassionally and then I live stews with loads of rice or mashed potatoes as well. A good thing is that I have started to enjoy smoked salmon salads these past few month and I think it will ahve a good effect on my progress.
    Here goes!!!!:wink:
  • melmack
    melmack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hello. I have scoliosis as well. I had harrington rods placed in my back when I was 13. This past year has been dificult for me. I started out the year wanting to compete in a triathalon (which would have taken ALOT of training) and ended it 20lbs heavier. In July I started getting numbness and tingling in my foot when I did anything. The dr told me no more excercising until we figure out what is going on. Now that I have that cleared up I can start again. That is exactly what I intend to do. Weight is such a big factor in our back health. My goal is not just to lose weight but to gain control of my back again.

You can do this!!! I have struggled with depression in the past you will be surprised what a difference working out will make!!