So Frustrated

Options
I have been working out pretty hard and keeping my calorie count under what I'm suppose to be. I do vary the calorie count every day. The past week I have upped my workout time. Threw out this whole thing I have not lost weight but gained it five pounds to be exact. Yes there is that monthly female thing that happens and thanksgiving to up my weight, but I don't understand why I'm not losing any. Last year I was able to go from 145 to 120 within a matter of a few months and now I can't get back down. Its driving me crazy and my husband is going to be back in the states within a month and I want to be back down to 120 or as close as I can get. I'm at a lose of what to do.

Replies

• thehealthyone
    Options
    Are you getting all of your water in, and watching your sodium intake? Most importantly, are you EATING 70-75% of your EXERCISE CALORIES that you BURNED OFF? Keeping a close eye on how many calories you burn with a HRM?
  • ssanchez2010
    Options
    I do not have a heart rate monitor I don't really think about things like that. I simply follow a work out video or jog in place when I get anxious. I do drink more water than what my diary says I just don't really record that, water is about all I drink. As for salt I don't really add any extra to it, it is something I have been trying to watch, although I had pretzel the other day and I really love to eat the salt off of them.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • ChenSTA87
    ChenSTA87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is great how much you are exercising and remember that weight is never the 100% indicator of your fitness progress. Weight can shoot up for many reasons including muscle gain, water weight, and food weight. Wring yourself after excretion and in the morning before you eat is the most accurate.

You may also of gained weight due to weight training? Did u do strength training on a regular basis recently? If so, u might of gained good muscle weight.

The last thing is your metabolism. You may be exercising and dieting properely however u may have lifestyle factors that are slowing down Ure metabolism. Metabolism burns energy and urea may be low.
    To fix metabolism u need to sleep 8 hours a day, and eat metabolism enhancing foods like vegetables.

Best of luck hope this helps.
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    The feedback here is wonderful..please read the link! she posted!!! Its right ON!!!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet,that the first words out of his mouth won't be Honey your weight isn't 120 lbs! Shoot for a healthy lifestyle and the weight will take care of it self.....Have that smile & greeting for when he returns....enjoy!:wink:
  • ssanchez2010
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I learned a lot more than I did before, which is how this is suppose to work.