Hungry by 3:00

Options
I have under 200 calories left in my schedule for the day by 3pm and I'm REALLY hungry. This is typical of a day full of seriously healthy foods such as oatmeal, chicken, tons of veggies, protein shake, apples, and the like. Plenty of water. HELP!

Replies

• RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all, what is your daily calorie allowance? Can you open your diary to the public so others can get a sense of what you are eating?

ETA: typo.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am NOT RECOMMENDING what I do, but I eat all my calories between 5 and 8 pm because I find it much too difficult to manage night time hunger.

I am losing weight for the first time in many years, and am managing cravings much more successfully than previously.

I eat the same meal most nights, with an occasional diner or restaurant meal every couple weeks or so.

When I started I was morbidly obese, and am now a few pounds from being overweight.

This is working very well for me, and my doctor knows and approves of what I do.

AGAIN, I am NOT recommending this approach to anyone, but it works right now for me! :)
  • aprilsmith501
    aprilsmith501 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    add a workout to your day? maybe eat something more filling? I know for me today I found making myself a dark chocolate unsweetened dipped strawberry was great to keep my cravings away.. (i have a major sweet tooth since i had my baby) and one of those at 3 kept me satisfied until diner time...
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you working out and eating back your exercise calories?

For today, go for a brisk walk for 30 minutes. That'll give you another 100.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Drink more fluids. Part of your hunger may actually be thirst. Also, you may reconsider your calorie allotment. If you are starving at 3PM on your meal plan with only 200 calories left, it's not going to be doable. And remember, chicken breast and veggies are great for your health, but you also need to have some fats in there for satiety. Do something. If you're sitting around thinking about how hungry you are, then you might end up binge eating something out of anxiety.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber and protein. Try to get 100g protein or more a day, it really helps keep you full