Trying again - looking for supportive online friends

Options
I just recent came home from a vacation in Hawaii. It was an eye-opener for me to say the least. I learned that I'm too afraid to try new things. I actually love water (who knew?!). I want more fun and active adventure in my life. SOOOO...

I bought a fitbit and I'm on my way to lose weight. I want to lose 100 pound this year. Not sure if that is realistic, but I'm going for it. I want to feel comfortable in a swimsuit and spend my summer hiking. I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis last August which drastically changed my life. I monitor my disease a day at a time, but keep my long term goals at the fore-front of my thoughts.

I prefer MFP message boards and food diaries - so I will do most of my logging here, but the Fitbit will keep me on track.

Would love to add some online friends who are encouraging and motivating, but also who can push and challenge me!

Replies

• onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Request Sent :)
  • mathbug77
    Options
    Request sent :-)

You will get to your goal!!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request! We are in it together.... Lots of positive support here!!! :-)
  • tamewame179
    tamewame179 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    me too so we can help each other
  • loopylou_83
    Options
    Request sent :) x
  • Wiggs1619
    Wiggs1619 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you've joined the community. I've been off and on using Myfitness pal since 2012. I've been regular now for several months. have lost 9.8 lbs since my Christmas weight. It doesn't show up on my ticker however, because I had gone higher than my beginning weight when I first joined.

I can just offer that consistency is the key. I log pretty much every day and I click complete so that it tells me how much weight I should lose if I eat in that manner consistently. I also had to figure out what the net calories meant and to not go too low on that end - because it was slowing down my metabolism.

If you have a hard time logging, maybe pairing this app with Gym Pact (now Pact) will help you keep the commitment to yourself. you pledge an amount you'd pay them if you don't track the number of days you say you will. You can do the same thing with your exercise commitments. I've been doing this for more than 3 months. Haven't paid them yet, and by the way, you actually earn a little bit each week for keeping your pact. It works on smart phones and tablets. Don't worry I don't have any stock in the company, it has just been an extra source of accountability and the exercise comes right into the My fitness log every day.

Friend me and we can continue to share.
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends. I'm restarting this year too. we can totally do this
  • PaulaDBailey
    PaulaDBailey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • Wiggs1619
    Wiggs1619 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How's it going. I'm in PA in the midst of alot of snow. However I've worked out 5 days this week anyhow. I hope you are still logging and getting some fitness activity in.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'd love a new friend on MFP. Add me if you want. I just recently started over. I had a 95 pound loss over about 2.5 years, mostly on a vegan diet. Then gained back almost 50 in a year. :angry: I'm trying again, and never want to backslide like that again! Life's too precious. And the honest truth is, I enjoy life better without the guilt and shame of overeating. My head is clearer and my heart is lighter. Now I'm nine pounds down and 75 to go. Would love to give and receive some support!
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again as well, sent you a request :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi anyone can add me as they wish happy to support
  • j_sweets
    Options
    I am back after a few years and a few pounds. :/ Would love the support of fellow health seekers. Feel free to add me!
  • Annerbug03
    Annerbug03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too just bought a Fitbit for my weightloss journey! FUN FACT: you can sync your Fitbit to your MFP account! I just found this out about 20 minutes ago and am still trying to fully figure it out! We can figure it out together! I'll be sending a request your way!
  • MissjessA193
    MissjessA193 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am fairly new and looking for friends. I use a fitbit as well :)
  • jessnoire
    Options
    I'm new in the community as well (although I already started using MFP last year) and would like to set new people, get new friends and support each other! :)
  • pcsg1008
    pcsg1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me as your friend to both MFP and Fitbit (www.fitbit.com/user/22Z4WV) - Not sure if the Fibit link will work, let me know.

Carolyn
  • jacsen12158
    Options
    I also have a fitbit, www.fitbit.com/user/25HN9J anyone can add me if they like, I need supportive friends too! The link for the fitbit and MFP works great for me!
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    welcome! And good luck! We are on a similar path. I'll send you a request :)
  • Jodeshood
    Jodeshood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Wiggs - sent you a friend request!