I'm losing motivation... help!!

Options
Yesterday started my 6th week. I'm down 16. My loss last week was pathetic and today and yesterday I just felt so blah about it. I ended up eating about 300 calories over my daily yesterday (and I didn't work out). Today I just don't care.. I'm still tracking but I'm just not motivated at all.

Am I just in a 6 week slump or what? Right now I feel like having wine and eating some unhealthy snacks. I haven't had this urge really since I began 6 weeks ago.

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. Maybe a bit of fresh air would help - I also feel blah this week and it's about week 6 for me too and I really didn't feel like going for a walk after work but I forced myself into going for at least a half hour and ended up doing an hour. Could be the season (SAD). You can do it - look how well you have done so far!
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It might be the weather. It's cold and wet here and all I wanna do is sleep.

Sometimes all you need to jump start your day is a nice walk. Take your doggy out for some air and try to think about the cute dresses you're going to wear when you work all your puff into tuff!
  • pagepiercekuepper
    pagepiercekuepper Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday started my 6th week. I'm down 16. My loss last week was pathetic and today and yesterday I just felt so blah about it. I ended up eating about 300 calories over my daily yesterday (and I didn't work out). Today I just don't care.. I'm still tracking but I'm just not motivated at all.

Am I just in a 6 week slump or what? Right now I feel like having wine and eating some unhealthy snacks. I haven't had this urge really since I began 6 weeks ago.

Don't give up! You will be a completely different place in a month! Keep going! Remember how good it feels to lose that weight!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you lost more than 16 pounds in 6 weeks, that's more than 2 pounds a week and is fantastic.

my advice is to stop wallowing and talking about giving up after 6 weeks unless you really arent ready yet to lose the weight, no one can give you that motivation but yourself. when you're ready, really ready and committed to your goals (you dont need to be motivated to be committed) then the idea of giving up wont even be an option.

just ask yourself, how long did it take you to make whatever bad habits led to you being overweight? do you really expect to have all those things cleared up and worked out in 6 weeks?
  • snow00774
    Options
    seeing your diary might be helpful in how to offer encouragement - is how you have conducted the first 6 weeks sustainable?

good Luck either way, get back at it tmw!
  • Beet_Girl
    Options
    If you are still tracking, you're doing better than me! So props for that.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Go find a indoor heated pool and do laps for an hour you'll feel soo refreshed and have burned cals at the same time!
  • 2nd_Coffee
    Options
    A little splurge is not a bad thing. You are doing great so just ride this out until you get that feeling back. A little burn out is part of the game.:flowerforyou:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I think it might help to adjust your expectations. You probably won't lose every week, and you might even gain a pound or so over a week sometimes. A "pathetic" loss is still a loss. Sensible eating and exercise are just part of your life now, period. Carry on doing what you're doing and don't let yourself make excuses.