Quinoa pasta cooked?

Options
Hi there! I am trying to figure out the calories for 1 cup of cooked quinoa pasta and I can only find the calories for dry. I realized afterwards I should have measured dry and then cooked the pasta so will do that next time. In the mean time can anyone help me out? Thanks so much for any help provided!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am trying to figure out the calories for 1 cup of cooked quinoa pasta and I can only find the calories for dry. I realized afterwards I should have measured dry and then cooked the pasta so will do that next time. In the mean time can anyone help me out? Thanks so much for any help provided!

Ancient harvest brand is 205 calories for one cup cooked. It's in the data base.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you measure dry won't it have more calories than if you measure cooked? Because it expands a little and so there's more quinoa there than if you measure a cup of the cooked stuff.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Was it a full package? Weigh the remaining dry product, subtract that from the total amount in the package, and you'll know the amount you cooked.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I think you're having trouble because you used the word "pasta" in your search. Try it again only using 'quinoa cooked" and you will find many options for cooked measurements.

Quinoa is a seed. That's probably the reason for the empty search results.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think you're having trouble because you used the word "pasta" in your search. Try it again only using 'quinoa cooked" and you will find many options for cooked measurements.

Quinoa is a seed. That's probably the reason for the empty search results.

http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html They have pasta made from Quinoa