roll of mentos how bad?

Options
i don't know if you'd call it a roll or a bar or whatever but I had like approx. 7 pieces of mentos right now and didn't eat anything else the entire day. i wouldn't have eaten it but I was falling asleep during work and now feel super guilty.
how bad is candy for you? especially having sugar without eating anything else?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    In.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I feel like the mental is the best choice you made today, to be honest
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what the question is, are you asking if you should eat more? If so, yes.
    Sugar is fine
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Each mento is 10 calories... so a roll of 14 is 140 calories. 140 all day long is ridiculously low; you need to eat more than that! Don't feel bad at all about that...:flowerforyou: Candy every once in a while is fine, and mentos are mints more so than candy.
  • strawberrylait
    Options
    this post actually wasn't a joke but i guess the question can be taken wrong here
    cause from what i heard if you starve and have sugar only that's actually worse for your body and your body will intake more sugar than it usually does ?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    but but it is the fresh breath maker.

8lKl36x.gif

OP relax and read this link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    this post actually wasn't a joke but i guess the question can be taken wrong here
    cause from what i heard if you starve and have sugar only that's actually worse for your body and your body will intake more sugar than it usually does ?
    honestly don't worry about that, just go eat some more food :)
  • strawberrylait
    Options
    great thank you !
    yes i'll be having a nice healthy salad with my protein later on today so i'll make sure to keep balanced!!
    was just worried that a roll of mentos would be an overdose of sugar :S
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Nope, you are fine. Definitely recommend reading up on iifym as posted above, it will give you a good understanding on how these things work
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i don't know if you'd call it a roll or a bar or whatever but I had like approx. 7 pieces of mentos right now and didn't eat anything else the entire day. i wouldn't have eaten it but I was falling asleep during work and now feel super guilty.

Do you think the two bolded statements might be related?
  • strawberrylait
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

thanks for the link(& the meme), the post was really helpful i really like the approach to healthy eating, but does it really apply to everyone? doesn't it mostly depend on how much you exercise, eat, types of food, etc.?
    And THANK YOU to everyone else!
  • obsidianwings
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

thanks for the link(& the meme), the post was really helpful i really like the approach to healthy eating, but does it really apply to everyone? doesn't it mostly depend on how much you exercise, eat, types of food, etc.?
    How many calories you can have of course varies from person to person, but the principle applies to everyone
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

Iifym can be used with any eating plan; it's just setting up your macros and then eating food to fit them. You can have a high goal, a low goal, be high fat, high carb, low carb...whatever.
  • thesevolatiletimes
    Options
    Eating anything > eating nothing.

Even if it is Mentos (or another food with similar nutritional value), it's better than depriving your body. Perhaps you should always carry healthier snack options on you, so that doesn't become an issue again?
  • strawberrylait
    Options

Pretty sure :embarassed: i just caught gastritis over the weekend and haven't been able to digest anything, and too much eating was the reason to getting it in the first place .... so i've been literally avoiding food, but yes, i need to find a way to keep healthy
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

IIFYM can apply to everyone; the macros are adjusted based on your goals and activity levels. One example is that a lifter would go for more protein while someone training for a marathon or other endurance sport would need more carbs. That's the nice thing about it - it's not "if it fits the macros of the guy who developed this" it's "if it fits YOUR macros" then it's okay to eat in moderation.

I also just had to add (since it appears you do have a sense of humor :happy:) -- Mentos are probably fine as long as you're not mixing them with cola :devil: :laugh: [Really, it would take gigantic portions of each to affect you]
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

It is a dietary preference that a lot a people prefer as it makes adherence much easier...

Concerning calorie intake and exercise...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • strawberrylait
    Options

8lKl36x.gif

IIFYM can apply to everyone; the macros are adjusted based on your goals and activity levels. One example is that a lifter would go for more protein while someone training for a marathon or other endurance sport would need more carbs. That's the nice thing about it - it's not "if it fits the macros of the guy who developed this" it's "if it fits YOUR macros" then it's okay to eat in moderation.

I also just had to add (since it appears you do have a sense of humor :happy:) -- Mentos are probably fine as long as you're not mixing them with cola :devil: :laugh: [Really, it would take gigantic portions of each to affect you]

Yes! THAT I will make sure ;-) but really thanks everyone I was somewhat feeling guilty for the sugar craving but super glad that I posted here I've received more info here than ever which I will definitely use to maintain a healthier lifestyle. You will probably see me around here more often now asking more (somewhat ridiculous) questions :blushing:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Pretty sure :embarassed: i just caught gastritis over the weekend and haven't been able to digest anything, and too much eating was the reason to getting it in the first place .... so i've been literally avoiding food, but yes, i need to find a way to keep healthy

If you stop avoiding food, you may find yourself back on the road to getting healthy