Have you had results with leslie sansone dvds?

Options

Replies

• mariterossi1
    Options
    Hello,

in year 2003 I started working out with Leslie Sansone (I used Walk Away The Pounds 1, 2 & 3 miles) three or four times a week. That, plus frequent walks in the park when the weather was nice, and two years later, I lost 10 kilos (I went from 80 kg. to 70 kg.). I wasn't on a diet (I only avoided fat, fried foods, sugar and cakes).

After a while, I added some toning and Pilates. I was very happy with my results, even more so because I had never exercised in my life (I hate gyms) plus I can't do high impact wokouts.

I have some 50 fitness DVD's but they are my favourite.

I hate complicated choreography and Leslie is just perfect for me. Stick to it and I'm sure you'll have the same results.

Ciao!

Mariateresa
  • MNChica
    MNChica Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, saw your post on Leslie Sansone. I am also in MN. Have done Leslie on and off for years. Didn't know her videos were on you tube the full thing? I have some of them and then belong to her walk program so I watch them like that off my computer. Just did a mile and am sweating. Mostly, I just set the timer and do the moves on my own but I sweat more if I do her video.

:) Beth
  • JackieLT
    JackieLT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes..... Have lost 46 pounds with the help of these... I do the 4 big miles DVD and do mile 2 and 3 back to back......Love them!
  • YourThoughtsCreateYourDestiny
    Options
    Thank you for your insight about Leslie Sansone's videos. I have watched her over the years but have not actually used her program. Now that I have decided to work off this weight it is important to me to have variety in my workout. I have her Walk Away the Pounds (1,2,3, & 4 mile workouts). Your post has inspired me to included it among my choices instead of just sticking with my treadmill. Thanks!
  • walert
    walert Posts: 2
    Options
    I actually love these DVD's but I also did find her voice annoying so I turned the volume down and put on music. Keep using them ~~ they are awesome. I have just stated MFP and hopefully can get back on track again. Will start these DVDS again also.
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes, I agree, her voice is annoying. I tune her out now
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Is it just a dvd and u are walking in place??

Yes, it is a DVD. You walk in place and do some steps side to side. It is great for beginner fitness, rainy days when you can't get outside, etc. If you are already fit, it won't hold a challenge for you.
  • vnatural
    Options
    yes, I agree, her voice is annoying. I tune her out now

Her voice keeps me moving I love it.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I started leslie sansone: walk at home, 3 mile weight loss walk. has anyone had results with her? i've seen tons of people say they love her workouts, but have you ACTUALLY had results with them? thanks
    xoxo
    I use this amongst everything else. Im on a health kick but I want to do a 6 day mini challenge and do the dvd twice (one in morning and one at night) to see if I get results. I do this every so often to challenge myself. I think its time. Ill let you know! :)

My mother however has used this dvd and she didnt lose weight but everything tightened and she looked like a new person. ! I hear walking is one of the most underestimated forms of exercise.

I have a friend who actually only walked and lost about 100 lbs in a year . Proof is in the pudding :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I started leslie sansone: walk at home, 3 mile weight loss walk. has anyone had results with her? i've seen tons of people say they love her workouts, but have you ACTUALLY had results with them? thanks
    xoxo

I lost 40 lbs. previously using her DVDs. I am using them again along with Zumba dvds. After 70 days here I am down 15 lbs.
    I used the three mile DVD where she uses weighted balls, I never got those but I used 1, then 3, then 5 lb hand weights. When I went cross country skiing after doing her videos for 4 months, I couldn't believe how strong my arms and legs where i powered uphill no problem!

Leslie is easy to just turn on and move to, excellent if you haven't had the exercise habit before.

And yeah, the voice can get old, but I play my own music over the top of her sometimes :)

Anything will work if you enjoy it and do it regularly. I am doing more and more Zumba these days because it is just so darned much fun.
  • vnatural
    Options
    xoxo
    I use this amongst everything else. Im on a health kick but I want to do a 6 day mini challenge and do the dvd twice (one in morning and one at night) to see if I get results. I do this every so often to challenge myself. I think its time. Ill let you know! :)

My mother however has used this dvd and she didnt lose weight but everything tightened and she looked like a new person. ! I hear walking is one of the most underestimated forms of exercise.

I have a friend who actually only walked and lost about 100 lbs in a year . Proof is in the pudding :)

I agree. Walking is under rated and not given recognition it deserves. I have lost plenty of weight walking and just being active. If you put your mind to it and your body you can lose ALL of the weight you need to lose just using Leslie Sansone. Thats what I'm going to do lol. Her dvd's are so simple and easy to do yet you get a great work out and you dont have to worry about injuring yourself.
  • couponfireswimmer
    Options
    Oddly, I don't find her voice irritating. She's upbeat, but not super cheery. I appreciate that she hasn't lied to me about how many more reps she wants me to do. When she asks for 8 more, she doesn't talk for 2 minutes and then count out the 8.

I did the full 5 Day Slim Down yesterday and I felt really worked up. I would buy more of her dvds if I can find them.

I don't find her voice irritating either and I love that she doesn't lie! This is my second time doing this weight loss journey in a real credible way. No, I am not counting the roller coaster stuff. I started in Canandaigua New York about a decade ago. Being outside was MISERABLE and I did her videos. Then I got to the point where I could do other work outs. A lot of death and tragedy and I regained 45 of the 55 pounds I had lost and kept off for about 7 years. I do other things but I LOVE Leslie's videos! I need to fully work myself back up. These help a lot! For the 5 mile walk I am having a hard time with the second mile. It is bouncy with jumping jacks and things like that. I have no idea what the bouncy twisty move is but it kicks my butt!

She is an important part of my work out and I credit her for building me up to other work outs.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i know people who have lost with her videos. Her constant talking annoys me so I turn the sound off.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "Her voice keeps me moving I love it." quote
    [/quote]

Agree! I wouldn't bother doing the video without her talking me through it and keeping me motivated! She is cheerful and motivating without being phony. I have about 12 of her videos and have lost weight using only her videos and then walking outside during lunch time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    i know people who have lost with her videos. Her constant talking annoys me so I turn the sound off.

She also has DVDs with a MUSIC ONLY option:

3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (solo)… Nice variety of moves (3 Miles)
    5K With a Twist (solo)… Lots of “boosts”
    Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms (solo)… Uses weights
    Walk This Way (solo)… Fairly beginner
    Walk Slim Fast Start & 3 Fast Miles (group) 2 DVDs/ 2 mile (boosts) & 3 Mile (not a favorite)
    Power Walk With Friends (group)… 2 miles with weights
    Walk it Off in 30 Days ....2 miles + 30 minutes of strength training
    Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes.....has a large group, kind of a party type atmosphere
    Walk to the Hits Party Songs....has a large group, kind of a party type atmosphere

Video clips here: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10

Whether you like the sound of Leslie's voice or not.......a music only option adds more variety.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is it just a dvd and u are walking in place??

Yes, it is a DVD. You walk in place and do some steps side to side. It is great for beginner fitness, rainy days when you can't get outside, etc. If you are already fit, it won't hold a challenge for you.

These are great for beginner through intermediate........

Beginners can go at their own pace. Newer DVDs (those after Walk Away the Pounds) are chaptered. You can use the skip button on your remote control to do a shorter workout. Beginners can keep their arms down, their knee lifts small, their kicks small. Making the workout easier is no-brainer......just build up speed & intensity as you progress.

Intermediate - a few of Leslie's DVDs are faster, a few DVDs have (more) higher impact moves. Finding challenging DVDs is trial and error. BUT if you have 2 left feet (like me) ....it's worth the effort to find the more challenging ones. Intermediates can add higher knees, add light handweights or even wear a weighted vest (heavy handweights are a little dangerous). Intermediates can sub in plyo (higher impact) hops or even use a fitness trampoline.....I'm experimenting with this......it makes jogging lower impact.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I use her videos on rainy/super cold days or when I just don't feel like walking after dark. I can always do the one mile, even if I'm super tired or discouraged. The "walking" part of it is not much of a challenge for me, but when the weights are added, it makes me work. I have the five mile version, but haven't done it yet.

I, too, sometimes wish she would be quiet for a minute. She's not terribly annoying, but I can't hear the beat of the music and listen to her at the same time.

My 17-year-old son (who played offensive line) did the two mile video while I was at work the other day. His comment: "It's a lot harder than it looks!" LOL
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I just started getting into doing more workouts at home this week. I mean, I like going to the gym but I feel like my body is getting too used to all the cardio machines because I've used them for like 60 minutes a day except for like 4 or 5 days off since I started in January.

But I just bought the 4 mile one because I wanted something that's 60 minutes of cardio. I supplement some of her moves when I feel like it isn't hard enough, like in the fourth mile when it slows down and she does resistance band work, I don't use the band (I lift weights) and alternate between butt-kickers and jogging. And also, when I do double side steps I don't step but I jump into them and do them at a faster pace. I like the DVD's just because they're easy to tweak with harder moves when I don't feel like I'm working hard enough.

I'm not a beginner to exercise but I'm also not very advanced. I guess I'm at a intermediate level and I enjoy the workout so far, but it's not the only thing I do for sure. I currently weigh 168 and at 60 minutes of her DVD with slightly more intensity that she does things, I burn 350-400. It's really worth it and you can stay home!
  • laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few of her DVDs also. I just got the Walk it off in 30 days one since it is 30 min workouts and uses the weights/resistance bands which I need to start doing on a regular basis. Has anyone else used this DVD recently and had good luck with it? I have the other 5 mile one but haven't used it in a while. I wanted something that worked in weights too. I figure I will switch off each month with this one and the 30 day shred one.
    OH, I also listen to her talk the first couple times then use the music only version.
  • laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump, I did my first two days and I really like this one since it did make me sweat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!