Saving for later--thanks!!!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice-- two pix and testimonials.. I have to try it!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Why? Why does everyone think cauliflower can replace everything?:sick:

Eat the real thing.

:flowerforyou:

Newsflash: wheat makes some people sick. I choose not to eat things that make me sick.

But I'm more likely to do a meatza and it has LOTS OF FAT because fat is healthy and delicious and satiating. Oh, and my meatza has more calories than regular pizza but one is full on one or two pieces so, bonus, there's leftovers.

Exactly. I choose not to eat things that make my joints hurt, get muscle spasms and have digestive issues. Its just not worth it to me.

I like this gluten free, low carb pizza crust as I like more of a thicker crust.

6 eggs
    6 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1½ teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon coconut or almond flour
    pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
    1 cup (or a little more) shredded Italian cheeses, at least half of which is a hard cheese (Parmesan, Assagio)

Preparation:

Heat the oven to 350F
    1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a regular blender, food processor, or (my preferred) stick blender, mix the egg and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt, spices and coconut/almond flour and blend again.

2) Spread cheese in bottom of well-buttered 9X13 pan. I often use an Italian blend such as Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top is browning.

3) Remove from oven, add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.
  • jazzmaniac
    Options
    That's a sexy looking pizza!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Your pizza looks GREAT, I'm going to try it this weekend, THANX:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    I made this about a week or so a go for dinner and it was AWESOME! My hubby who is a picky eater said it was the best pizza he has ever had homemade. He keeps bugging me to make it again. My only complaint is the wringing of the cauliflower. I know the more water you wring out the better the crust turns out and honestly that is the only thing that is keeping me from making this again. I wish there was an easier way. I have a family of 8 and making more than 1 pizza is out of the question LOL I made ours with ham, pineapple and dipped in greek yogurt ranch. Sooooo good. Thanks!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Looks good, thanks!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Exactly. I choose not to eat things that make my joints hurt, get muscle spasms and have digestive issues. Its just not worth it to me.

I like this gluten free, low carb pizza crust as I like more of a thicker crust.

6 eggs
    6 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1½ teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon coconut or almond flour
    pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
    1 cup (or a little more) shredded Italian cheeses, at least half of which is a hard cheese (Parmesan, Assagio)

Preparation:

Heat the oven to 350F
    1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a regular blender, food processor, or (my preferred) stick blender, mix the egg and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt, spices and coconut/almond flour and blend again.

2) Spread cheese in bottom of well-buttered 9X13 pan. I often use an Italian blend such as Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top is browning.

3) Remove from oven, add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

I'm pretty sure this is soufflé or... huh, well, actually, it's sort of similar to cheesecake, I think.

I'm honestly not trying to be unkind, I'm just simply saying that it isn't pizza crust.
  • FindMyInnerAthlete
    Options
    Thanks!! I can't wait to try this!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!

:)
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Because they'd like to cut down on the simple carbs. It doesn't harm you if they like it.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump for the recipe!
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Because they'd like to cut down on the simple carbs. It doesn't harm you if they like it.
    Actually, pizza crust is a complex carb. It's very often a refined one, and white bread crusts are definitely a starchy one. Most chain restaurant ones also have a wack of HFCS.

But you nailed it: it doesn't hurt anyone else if we like it.
    I'm not sure why folks get so defensive about their own food intake that they feel the need to take an offensive (both pronunciations) approach here.