I am tired of being the girl with the pretty face.

Options
Hi!! My name is Danielle and I am from NJ. I have been overweight my whole life. Gaining more and more each year. I am so sick of it. I lose some and gain more. I am starting to get more active and I put my fitbit back on to keep me accountable for. I am so close to 400 pounds and its FREAKING ME OUT!!!

I refuse to let myself get to the 400 mark because then it will go higher and higher. I joined a gym and I enjoy working out when I do go... its just getting there. I got a bunch of walking dvds to help me on days that I cant get to the gym. The weather here has been so crappy. I am thinking the dvds will help me and tracking everything.

I need some friends to help me stay accountable for. I want to get to 350 before May.

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle,

You can take charge of your health.....This group seems to fit your goals, good luck:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19702-drop-40-lbs-in-2014
  • skatha1
    Options
    I am also tired of being the girl with great smile... its a nice compliment but id rather be the hot girl! lol. Anyway i have about 120 lbs total to lose. i started at 275 lbs and I have lost 5 lbs so far. I just started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and i'm on my 4th day of that. Good Luck with your Journey Danielle!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle,
    I... am also Danielle! :-) I log and comment daily. I try to keep my Friend count at a reasonable amount so I have time to encourage all my MPFs on a regular basis. My diary is open to my friends. Feel free to add me.
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle, you have made a great first step. I also have a significant amount to lose. I try to hold my active friends accountable, so feel free to add me if you like.

I'm in this for the long haul (slowly and steady wins the race), and I hope you are too. :flowerforyou:
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym is a good start but losing weight is only 20% exercise and 80% nutrition. The best thing you can do IMO is find healthy, satiating foods that you like.
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle feel free to add me also..I have a long journey ahead but we can do it!!
  • adamrbinder
    adamrbinder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are so many things in this world that are completely out of our control. Two things we have 100% control over is what we eat and how much excercise we get. I found making a plan each month, each, week, each day helps me. I used to weigh close to 300 pounds and then I found healthy eating, shakeology, and excercise programs like T25 and P90X. I now way healthy 175 pounds. I am helping to coach people through the same programs and would love to help if your willing to do the work.

Contact me and we can talk.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Your're tired of being pretty?
  • mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle!

At least you've still got a pretty face! :) My face doesn't seem to be doing it anymore for me, so now I really need to get it together (but more for my health). That's why I'm determined this time to lose the weight. I have a very long way to go, but I am convinced I can do it. You can too! Best of luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Danielle,

You can do it! Weigh all your food, judiciously log, and stay within your calorie goals and you will lose weight.

I know what you mean when you say that you're tired of being the girl with the pretty face, but that is part of who you are. I'm sure even when you reach your goal weight you will still be pretty.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    I'm sure she meant being "the girl with the pretty fac." as in the snarky thing people like to say to the overweight so they can a) be mean without sounding mean or 2) express to you their regret that you are wasting that pretty face by being overweight. It's just more subtle than telling someone they "have a voice for radio."
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just putting this out there.

You don't have a pretty face. You have a GORGEOUS face. You are beautiful.
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    I am going to paraphrase something from AA, "You can't heal with secrets in the closet." There is a reason why people like me and you go from fat to obese or worse. There is a reason why we get on the diet roller coaster and nothing seems to work. Maybe it is a food addiction, I know I love to get Food Drunk. Maybe it is a coping mechanism. Only you can really know this, which goes back to the adage Know Thyself. We have lost ourselves, used food as some sort of crutch and fat gain is the result.

“No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

All that said, I think you picked one AWESOME place to start on the right track. Do you know why you use food as a crutch. If you don't address it, you will get back on the roller coaster once again. I know I had to address it and I am still trying to deal with it. Being sick and tired of being sick and tired can produce motivation or apathy. I am happy to see you have chosen the former. While I can't be there in person to help you along, I would be more than happy to a voice of support and reason in the path you have started.
  • dchild81
    dchild81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Danielle You rock for taking the first step and coming on here ! I can completely relate i've been told " You have such gorgeous face" , " If you just lost some weight you would be such a pretty girl " Comments like that can be very difficult. Only the overweight know why they are overweight, and how hard it can be to shed the lbs. For example i'm not a stress eater, I don't eat large amounts but my body just had a difficult time breaking down Carbs, breads, sugars etc. When i give them up i lose but thats not a realistic way of life for me. I need to still be able to have a cheat meal once a week and enjoy a glass of wine. Its about finding what works for you :) Feel free to add me we can keep each other on track !

Goodluck on your Journey <3

Destiny
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Could be worse..
    I won't have a 'pretty face' even if I lose weight.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    It's tough having a pretty face isn't it, I gaze in the mirror for hours haha. On a serious note though you can do it and there's a hell of people on here that will make sure you succeed :)
  • chubbs43
    Options
    Hi Danielle,
    Reading your post hit me,at a party with old friend of my husband a few months ago and one of there moms who I was talking with that night sad to me really no joke you have such a beautiful face I joked. And said you mean my body is not she responded.we all can lose some wt.i am so feeling you I am at my highest wt 300 at 43yrs young.we can do this together ????just add me????
  • dchild81
    dchild81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You made me almost piss myself laughing Ed ha ha ! Yes having a pretty face can be rough lol . Danielle you will rock this gorgeous girl !
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Danielle and I am from NJ. I have been overweight my whole life. Gaining more and more each year. I am so sick of it. I lose some and gain more. I am starting to get more active and I put my fitbit back on to keep me accountable for. I am so close to 400 pounds and its FREAKING ME OUT!!!

I refuse to let myself get to the 400 mark because then it will go higher and higher. I joined a gym and I enjoy working out when I do go... its just getting there. I got a bunch of walking dvds to help me on days that I cant get to the gym. The weather here has been so crappy. I am thinking the dvds will help me and tracking everything.

I need some friends to help me stay accountable for. I want to get to 350 before May.
    I notice your post focused on exercise, without mentioning food. It's very difficult to exercise away too many calories. It is much simpler to reduce the number of calories you take in each day. Exercise is good for you of course, for many reasons, but you will find it to be only a small part of the weight loss equation. I had a summer where I did 3 hours of intense power yoga 5 days a week, and then did 2 hours of serious uphill hiking 3 days a week...and I still put on weight because I ate too much.

I started close to 300 pounds, and now I'm under 200... You can do it. The first step is to consistently log your food and try to stay within your goal (but not too far under).