Transferring Recipes to Others

I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else in the Forums, but I didn't see anything. I home cook most of my food, so create a lot of personal recipes on the site to track my food (I have several allergies). I'd like to share the recipes I put together with my husband, who is also a member of myfitnesspal, so he doesn't have to "recreate the wheel." I can't seem to find anywhere on the website or app that allows me to transfer or provide him with copies of the recipes I create? Is this possible?

Replies

• DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    I wish there was a way, but I haven't found it yet. Instead, what I do is keep a running list of common foods and their calorie count. It doesn't help with Macros, though. He just adds in quick calories, and so do I for the most part since so many of my meals combine a few different recipes. It's maddening.
  • BethNel
    BethNel Posts: 7 Member
    When I make Dinner I enter the recipe into MFP and then add it to my food diary as my Dinner. Then my husband, who is my friend on MFP, can look at my food diary and copy my dinner to his dinner. That way only one of us has to enter it in. There are different ways to do it depending it you are using the app on your phone of the computer. On the app, your husband will need to go into friends, select your YOU and hit "view food diary". Then find the meal he wants to copy and on the right side of the blue bar that says "Dinner" (for example) he will see a wrench. Press the wrench and press "Copy Meal to Date" and select the date.

If you are on the computer website: when you husband is viewing your food diary he needs to scroll to the bottom of the meal he wants to copy and click on the "Quick Tools" button and the "Copy to Date" to the date he want to use. That should work.

just remember, YOU can put the recipe or food in but then HE has to copy your diary. Good Luck!
  • Thanks, BethNel. We'll give that a try! I'm new to MFP, so this was maddening (as DiamanaKitten expressed too!)!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I wish this was easy/possible too! My husband and I both use MFP as well. One of us creates the recipe for whatever we've made and then we leave our laptop open to it so the other one can copy it pretty quickly...still kind of a PITA though. I like the other poster's idea but we do not want our diaries open (even to our friends).
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    I wish this was easy/possible too! My husband and I both use MFP as well. One of us creates the recipe for whatever we've made and then we leave our laptop open to it so the other one can copy it pretty quickly...still kind of a PITA though. I like the other poster's idea but we do not want our diaries open (even to our friends).

You can have your diary view-able only by passcode, that way only you and your husband can share with each other
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    When I make Dinner I enter the recipe into MFP and then add it to my food diary as my Dinner. Then my husband, who is my friend on MFP, can look at my food diary and copy my dinner to his dinner. That way only one of us has to enter it in. There are different ways to do it depending it you are using the app on your phone of the computer. On the app, your husband will need to go into friends, select your YOU and hit "view food diary". Then find the meal he wants to copy and on the right side of the blue bar that says "Dinner" (for example) he will see a wrench. Press the wrench and press "Copy Meal to Date" and select the date.

If you are on the computer website: when you husband is viewing your food diary he needs to scroll to the bottom of the meal he wants to copy and click on the "Quick Tools" button and the "Copy to Date" to the date he want to use. That should work.

just remember, YOU can put the recipe or food in but then HE has to copy your diary. Good Luck!

Great idea! I've been wishing I had a way to share this info with my boyfriend as well. So far I've only been able to give him the number of calories and he just does a quick add calories. Unfortunatly, it makes his stats look funny as far as getting enough fruits and veg, protein and those kinds of things. We aren't even friends on MFP, but I'll have to make him add me so he can do this :-)