Need to get motivated and fast!

Options
I some motivation do to falling off the wagon. My husband has even gotten mad because I stopped tracking my food on here already. I just find it so hard when I struggle with finding nutrition facts for dinner meals etc. Does anyone have some good meal Ideas for dinner for me, my husband and his 12yr old son. Just need to be inspired again. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    soups are always a good idea. I made turkey noodle soup last night. also ground turkey burritos, turkey burgers , terriyaki chicken over rice, vegetarian lasagna , these are my go tos I hope this helps. The thing that will help you the most and keep you ontrack is to keep track of your food and exercise......
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I like a bunch of these recipes:

http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipes/SearchResults.aspx?CriteriaIds=12_10

The chicken parm is really good and the fish is super fast!

As for tracking- do your best, try planning the majority of the day out ahead of time it really helps! And when you cook just use the recipe function on here- you can input the whole recipe, and then add however many servings you consume (and can use it again quickly in the future!)
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    keep meals simple. (it'll save you money too). My husband has a 5 ingredient rule. I sub in the healthiest things i can find and go light on the less healthy stuff but still include it for flavor. I use a mix of fresh and pre packaged food. yes sodium may be higher but i refuse to add salt on top of it and often my sodium is just fine. i search for recipes and i find family favorites and find healthy subsitutes. if making burgers keep them simple and use a whole wheat low cal bun (the orowheat sandwhich thins may fall apart but work great for cutting a calorie corner)

try chicken enchilladas- (i enter the recipe in my box and guess the portions but here is mine)

4 Smart and delicious low fat low carb tortillas whole wheat
    2 chicken breast (6-8 oz) boiled and shredded (boneless skinless if possible)
    1 can ( about 8 oz)el pato tomato sauce or 1 cup a jar of hernandez salsa verde (1/4 of sauce goes on the shredded chicken and the rest on the outside)
    A low fat cheese (sargento is best i find) i try to stick to a quarter to a half cup- you can always make a batch with less cheese for you and more on the other ones for everyone else. just don't spread the cheese evenly
    onion if desired

roll chicken and salsa mixture in tortilla add onions here if desired
    (if feeding little ones you can add cheese inside and top with too)
    place rolls seam side down in baking dish and top with remaining sauce and chesse

bake at 325 for 20 minutes to melt cheese and warm through.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make it as easy as possible so you won't be overwhelmed.
    Replace ground beef with ground turkey in any recipe that calls for beef.
    Use less oil when you cook.
    Skinless chicken breasts marinated with your favorite spice profile. I use Mexican or teriyaki a lot. Broil, grill, or saute and serve with brown rice, tortillas or pasta.
    Lots of salads and veggies.

I have 2 teenage boys so I usually add something extra for them like a sauce or bread.

I bought a scale which helps me track. So I either weigh or measure to keep on top of portions for myself.

Good luck.
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Lots of veggies and make your meals colorful! Not everyone wants or likes to eat so called "healthy food". They find it bland..reasonably so considering the crap we're used to that is full of fat and salt. If you plate has a lot of color on it, you'll find you're more satisfied with your meals.

I found that roasted corn in the oven, or subbing whipped califlower for mashed potatos does wonders, plus, califlower comes in purple and orange not just white. :) with all the color onthe plate, it makes meal time more fun for the kids too.
  • asherid
    Options
    Thanks for all the info guys! It really helps a lot!