Hi! :)

Options
Hello everyone, obviously i'm new here.

Current weight is around 215, goal is to get to 150-155, going at this alone at the moment. I've tried dieting before, lost 20 lbs this time last year, now its all back. (must have been the turkey!) i'm a 22yr old, full time college student right now, but the semesters almost over thankfully. After New Years i'm taking 16 credit hours for my Accounting degree which im very excited to be working on. i have a caring boyfriend and as of this weekend it will be 6 months since weve been together.

little back story, was the chubby kid all my life, even my sister and my mom are fat, but were the only ones in the whole family (grandparents, cousins, aunts) who are overweight. I've always had a fiery passion for life inside but felt that i would embarass myself when it showed.

overall goal is to just look good and feel great, the numbers are just for the techincality of it all, if i can look good at 170 instead of 155 thats fine with me.

How is everyone else doing? Whats your story, your goals, your dreams? :)

Replies

• tamsews
    tamsews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    dear 6ftbombshell
    So glad you are starting a new journey to a healthy weight. Myfitness.com is a wonderful tool to keep you on track. You are very busy with school, but do you have a regular exercise habit? I've never believed the weight will come off with just exercise, but it certainly makes you think about what you put in your mouth later. Take it one day at a time, plan your meals and exercise and you will make progress. Good luck!
  • 6ftbombshell
    Options
    Thanks,

No, i do not have a regular exercise habit per-say. I do walk to school when its nice out, about 2 miles a day, 12 miles a week. As for doing squats or jump rope or running, something that actually takes effort, no i do not. I totally agree with you on that, i would feel soo bad to eat cookies right after 30 mins of biking! :(

I think that will be my biggest problem, the planning of the meals. I live with 2 other people who are considered morbidly obese by the BMI charts and its hard to cook for myself when they can eat bags of chips and drink pop (hellooo temptation!).

Thanks for the good luck, i'm gonna need it! Hope you are successful with your journey as well! :)