binger.i need help

Options
I clearly have a problem. I dont know if its because Im stressed out about life and work or what ..but I've been overeating big time. Its not even that I eat because Im hungry.. I literally will grab ANYTHING just to feel like I'm feeling a void. Ive gained about 30lbs in the 3 months and i feel miserable! I used to weigh 250lbs my whole teens and early 20s.. I got down to 165lbs about 3 years ago and loved my body and I have just let myself go.. I swore I would never be fat again (250lbs) ..I'm only 5'2.. I literally can't stand looking at myself in the mirror, I don't feel sexy, I hide in my clothes (Sweats all day). I want to feel like my old self and get this under control so I can feel sexy again. Not just for myself but for my hubby.

I need advice/support ..anything.. I have a home gym..I tell myself I'll work out "today" and it never happens, I always have an excuse

Replies

• PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl!!! Just make a decision and start by logging in your food for accountability. One thing at a time!!!
  • jojo28012
    jojo28012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here is a post I just saw from Tapou that may help you. I thought it was excellent!!!

"I am going to paraphrase something from AA, "You can't heal with secrets in the closet." There is a reason why people like me and you go from fat to obese or worse. There is a reason why we get on the diet roller coaster and nothing seems to work. Maybe it is a food addiction, I know I love to get Food Drunk. Maybe it is a coping mechanism. Only you can really know this, which goes back to the adage Know Thyself. We have lost ourselves, used food as some sort of crutch and fat gain is the result.

“No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

All that said, I think you picked one AWESOME place to start on the right track. Do you know why you use food as a crutch. If you don't address it, you will get back on the roller coaster once again. I know I had to address it and I am still trying to deal with it. Being sick and tired of being sick and tired can produce motivation or apathy. I am happy to see you have chosen the former. While I can't be there in person to help you along, I would be more than happy to a voice of support and reason in the path you have started. "

So maybe a counselor could help?:smile:
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Love this quote! Thanks.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi I can totally relate to you when I'm good I'm in control but when I have a binge I'm bad sometimes cann't believe how much I can stuff myself with. feel free to add me
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've been exactly where you are and I know how it feels - you picked a good place to start and there's no better time than today. You can do it. I'm trying to stop bingeing and going on a diet rollercoaster myself, I gained a solid 50 lbs. in 4 months last year. It's not easy but with the right support, take it one day at a time and you'll be where you want to be the HEALTHY way.
  • jazi2015
    Options
    Do you binge on certain foods or just anything?
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a history of an eating disorder (which I think will always remain to some extent) and I'd be happy to offer support. I will send you a friend reqeust and any other ladies interested in support, please feel free to add me :)