Kale

Options
2»

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have never tried kale. Don't know if i want to.
  • peebeebs
    Options
    I put kale in my smoothies too! it's great and I can't even taste it!
  • peebeebs
    Options
    If you cook Kale in the oven to make it into chips does it lose it's nutritional value?
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    How is having a kale smoothie every night working for you? Its super nutritious. I tried the smoothie before for several days - just kale and 1 small apple and filtered water. I didn't add any sugar or sweeteners to the smoothie. It didn't taste too bad. But I gained weight even when I kept within my calorie limit. My sister-in-law had the same experience. Just wondering...

Kale is not making you gain weight. Might want to recheck the rest of your food intake.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It is SOOOOO delicious! My favorite way to cook is in 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil and let it cook for about 10-12 mins on low-medium heat, covered. I use it as a base to my dinners and lunches and top it with chicken and feta cheese!

ETA:: KALE IS BITTER! YES! IT'S TRUE! That's why you need to cook it. Include it sparingly in your salads and such. I agree it's too bitter for much more than that, uncooked!

The stuff is AWESOME with feta!!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wash and massage dinosaur kale.
    stack all the leaves up and roll them like a cigar.
    cut cut cut cut cut the whole cigar. (the leaves will now be in thin strands a la shredded lettuce)
    toss it in a bowl with pomegranate seeds, pepitas, finely shredded parmesan, diced apple, and a basic balsamic.
    GLORIOUS.