olive garden salad

Options
wow I can't believe it has so many calories! I learned my lesson next time no dressing. I knew dressing was bad but I did not imagine that bad! For two servings it was 700 calories. The funny thing is that I only had soup and salad to be careful and I still ate a lot of calories =( Oh well next time I'll ask for no dressing =D

Replies

• skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I believe the bread sticks are 200 calories as well. But seriously, it would be wrong to eat that salad without the correct dressing.
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just exercise more that day. We have to enjoy some things are the motivation will soon disappear.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    i buy my own dressing and sneak it in :)
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wow I can't believe it has so many calories! I learned my lesson next time no dressing. I knew dressing was bad but I did not imagine that bad! For two servings it was 700 calories. The funny thing is that I only had soup and salad to be careful and I still ate a lot of calories =( Oh well next time I'll ask for no dressing =D

I always ask Olive garden to put the dressing on the side. I then dip just a tiny bit of the lettuce of each bite. The dressing is so flavorful that you still get an acceptable bite of a great salad.
  • gone4real
    Options
    Deborahkidd has it.... I have been thru 18 years of trying to not eat this or not eat that, only to binge later. Since I have been following my daily intake, I know if I need to exercise a little more, even if you do it the next day, it all adds up... This site has been great.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden has a lofat dressing that is not too bad. You have to request it when you order, and if you get refills, you have to remind the server. Their website lists the nutritional info on it. I don't remember specifically, since we don't go there often.

There is an entree called Venetian Chicken that is good, also.

Beware the breadsticks!!!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    [I always ask Olive garden to put the dressing on the side. I then dip just a tiny bit of the lettuce of each bite. The dressing is so flavorful that you still get an acceptable bite of a great salad.

That's what I did last week - and I only ate one bowl of salad and 2 bowls of minestrone!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That is crazy! What is the serving size for that salad. Looking at their site it is 120 calories without the dressing.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always get the Pasta Fiagoli soup because while it may have a little bit more fat and calories than the minestrone, the Minestrone has double the sodium (almost a full days worth) which is a killer to anybody trying to lose weight. I NEVER get the salad from anywhere unless I make it myself. I also skip the breadsticks or will only have half.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options

I always ask Olive garden to put the dressing on the side. I then dip just a tiny bit of the lettuce of each bite. The dressing is so flavorful that you still get an acceptable bite of a great salad.

I have been dieting more years than I can remember but the only thing I have sucessfully made a habit is I always get my dressing on the side and I dip my fork. In the end I can barely see what is missing but I tasted dressing every bite.
  • flynabster
    Options
    And don't eat the chicken ceasar, 850 calories, lol
    Breadsticks are 150 calories EACH.....I ask them not to give me any, I can't resist them....