olive oil

Options
linalayal
linalayal Posts: 10 Member
I have a problem with putting a lot of olive oil in my salads. Any alternatives?
thx

Replies

• linalayal
    Options
    thx, I do use lemon and vinegar , but I just realized that olive oil is a lot of calories. I will try to lower the amount. I want to loose weight fast ...so bad.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    thx, I do use lemon and vinegar , but I just realized that olive oil is a lot of calories. I will try to lower the amount. I want to loose weight fast ...so bad.

yes...losing weight fast is probably bad; and Olive oil is calorie dense, not bad; actually a good fat or healthy fat, but remember all things in moderation.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Use less.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't pour straight from the bottle, but measure it first (into a tablespoon, or a teaspoon depending on how many servings your salad actually is). I find I don't need that much oil in my salad to get a nice flavor out of it :)
  • linalayal
    Options
    thank you all..
  • TubbyBloke
    TubbyBloke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always cooked with virgin oil and continue to use it (it's an excellent oil to use) but have halved the amount I use. Now supplement some extra oil using a 1 cal spray
  • lucirebecca
    lucirebecca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What strength do you use? If you don't already, maybe try one of the stronger ones (like Extra Virgin) and measure out a controlled amount as the others have said. I find the extra virgin olive oils have a stronger taste, so you need less anyway :)
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    Using aerosol olive oil helps get a good coating with using significantly less