I can't even get started

Options
Hey, I have been thinking of getting back on my weight lose track plan, but I just don't seem too interested. someone help. please thanks

Replies

• reginabroyles
    Options
    you have to be interested to do it and keep it up. good luck.
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I joined the YMCA 3 weeks ago and I haven't even gone once!! I have no motivation! Maybe we can push each other to get back on the wagon?
  • maestrho22
    Options
    I was in the same boat, but I started with diet a few days ago when I found the myfitnesspal app on my phone. I added the food I'd eaten up to that point for the day and was SHOCKED!! To reach my goal I'm supposed to have no more than 1200 calories ... I'd had over 2500 and it wasn't even dinner time yet. Something about seeing that set of numbers really did it for me. Since I was away for the holiday I didn't even PRETEND like I was going to exerciese, but wanting to keep that number low was motivation to think about what I ate BEFORE I ate it and go the extra mile to find a Subway rather than McDonalds. Plus, I figured if I could get really stuffed on only 300-400 calories (Subway 6" turkey & ham on honey oat with no cheese, no dressing, and LOTS of veggies with a yogurt, apples, and a Coke Zero), then I could eat well and lose weight. Today I started the exercise part - 30 minute DVD. Just enough to get me started.

Why am I saying all of this? Because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm a busy, single mom who works a full-time, high-stress job and sometimes hits a drive-through disguised as "nugget night" to make my son happy and give me much needed down time at night. But I need to make sure I'm here for him as long as possible. I need to set a good example for how he should be eating and taking care of himself.

And I'm tired of feeling like this.

Tired. Self-conscious. Fat.

I figured it out like this - if I can muster the determination to give birth, raise a baby, and finish a PhD, I have everything I need to do this, too.

AND SO DO YOU, LUVINGGAL!!!
    AND SO DO YOU, MONKEYMOM11!!!

You CAN do, you DESERVE it, and I'm claiming this for both of you and all of us!! Do something today then do something else tomorrow and you'll get there!!!! :D
  • luvinggal
    Options
    Thank you all soooooo much, it helps alot. I know all of you can do it too.
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation because I did my workout video tonight and I am glad I did I feel great!