Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another Newbie :)

sdwright21
sdwright21 Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
HI everyone. I think this is a terrific site. I'm already inspired by many of your stories.

I'm a little confused about eating all of your exercise calories. Can anyone explain this to me? Doesn't this slow weight loss? If you're exercising daily and getting the right amount of calories and nutrition .. why should you eat attempt to eat all of the extra calories.

Thanks.

Replies

• HI everyone. I think this is a terrific site. I'm already inspired by many of your stories.

I'm a little confused about eating all of your exercise calories. Can anyone explain this to me? Doesn't this slow weight loss? If you're exercising daily and getting the right amount of calories and nutrition .. why should you eat attempt to eat all of the extra calories.

Thanks.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Hello....you can search for posts by a MFP member "Banks" and digest all the good info.

I would bump it for ya but I gotta go...

Anyone? Can ya bump them for new weekend joiners??

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    Hi, hope this works for you, it does seem strange at first but you will see the logic of it.:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Quick version: Say that I eat 1200 calories and I exercise and burn 400 calories. With the calories burned that would place me at 800 calories for the day, which would place my body in starvation mode. Starvation mode happens when your body doesn't get enough calories (1200 at least per day) so it starts to burn fat slower and hold onto everything that you put into your mouth.

Best version: See Banks post. =)
This discussion has been closed.