Help?! Under goal by A LOT!

Options
Okay so I stopped using myfitness pal then decided to go back on it. My initial caloric goal was 1200 to lose 2 lbs a week. This made me get caught in the never ending cycle of starve/deprive-binge-guilt-stave/deprived. So I increased my caloric goal to 1470 to lose 1 pound a week, a reasonable and realistic goal. I was feeling good, nice and healthy so i began working out more.

Long story short:
I've been eating under my calorie goal. By like A LOT! Its the second day in a row I have like 1000 calories left after dinner. :/ I know its not good for my body but I haven't been hungry and when I do eat I don't really think of it as a meal more like 'fuel for my body'.

Plus I've been taking GNC's Woman's Ripped Vitapak program: I think that's been curbing my appetite some what.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    So you are eating 470 calories a day? How is that possible?
  • RissyJ25
    Options
    I ate about 900-1000 but then I work out for like 90 minutes so it burns most of my calories i eat
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So work out less.
    Stop taking the vitapak.

Peanut butter.
  • kedricfink
    kedricfink Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating like this?
  • myaiki
    myaiki Posts: 10
    Options
    Plan your meals out in advance so you can reach your goals.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat enough calories, but I eat too much fiber and get filled up easily by fats. I'm working in it. I'd have to see your diary to guess at what is going on. How long have you been tracking this deficit? Could be something short term. Are you under any abnormal stress? Some people eat less when stressed. Or maybe just knowing you have to look stuff up and record it is deterring you. I know I try not to eat anything too complicated lol.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to plan your day out better. You should have minimum protein and fat goals to meet. Try to find calorie dense foods (avocados, peanut butter, ice cream, etc). Also, don't wait for hunger pangs to tell you to eat. If you go hungry for too long, your brain will stop sending the signal since you don't bother listening to it. Plan out your meals and snacks as you see fit the night before.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Small portions through out the day of healthy food. Instead of 3 meals.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Add calorie dense foods like already mentioned, eat full fat dairy, if you're not hungry during the day get most of your calories at breakfast.

The same thing happened to me when I tried 1200. Once I started eating more often and less rabbit food it got easier and my appetite came back. It didn't take too long either. Lots of snacks, I kind of grazed all day long after breakfast. Now I'm eating regular meals and snacking less.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I ate about 900-1000 but then I work out for like 90 minutes so it burns most of my calories i eat

Why did you raise your calories if you aren't even making your original calorie goal?

Eat some ice cream. Problem solved
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    This is so easy to do when you are trying to lose weight and only logging your food when your day is done. It helps me a lot to plan my day. I log the entire day in the morning, tweaking my choices to match my goals. Then I eat purposely to match my plan. If something happens during the day (like hubby ate what I planned or some treat comes in unannounced) , then I can change my log, but I have a structured plan to reach my daily goal. I hope this helps!
  • MMFabrizio
    Options
    Many people don't eat back the calories they burn from exercise. So as long as you can just bump up your calorie intake to 1200 a day, that would be fine. Have a banana and yogurt for an evening snack if you need to.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary please:smile: