How to perk your butt from a flat butt

Options
Ok I am sick of having a flat butt. I'm almost 22 years old and I would like to have a perkier butt! Can you guys give me any pointers on how to get there. Thanks

Replies

• morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, butt exercises. I'm sure you can look up butt workout videos on YouTube
  • Chapin1997
    Chapin1997 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a guy but ever since I started working out I realized that squating really helps like no joke .. I wasn't aiming for a nice butt .. But with all the squating with and without weights it makes your butt build up and tight .. I don't mind it but it wasn't one thing that I expected ... So squat! U ti you can't squat anymore!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Post parallel weighted squats as heavy as you can go and keeping good form.... deadlifts...hill and step running..plyometric box jumps
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    What everyone said and also hip thrusts with heavy weights on a barbell.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My butt is the most muscley and strongest part of me!! No joke. And it's 100% unintentional! I've had a muscley bum from as long as I can remember (atleast 10) and if a lift or the activity involves it I can use more weight, strange!!

As everyone said before, squats, lunges the leg pushing machine (can't remember it's name) and I do alot on the cross trainer.

Good luck :)!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    The program strong curves by brett contreras is all about building a fantastic butt. You could look that up as well
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    weighted squats, dead lifts, lunges, box jumps, stairs running or walking, etc, etc, etc....
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    The program strong curves by brett contreras is all about building a fantastic butt. You could look that up as well

Yes! This program is fantastic. There's a bodyweight only, lower body only, whole body beginner and whole body advanced program. I'm 4 weeks in and already getting good results.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yes! This program is fantastic. There's a bodyweight only, lower body only, whole body beginner and whole body advanced program. I'm 4 weeks in and already getting good results.

I love it also.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I love it also.

This was going to be my suggestion as well! I'm looking to start this program after I'm done with Jamie Eason's.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    roller skating
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has already suggested lunges and squats, but I quite enjoy Jillian Michael "Killer Bun and Thighs" DVD. Just throwing it out there in case you're someone who like a DVD workout.
    ~TCG~
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Weights squats, deadlifts, maybe lunges, barbell hip thrusts.

hip-thrust.jpg
  • JoHannahDenning11
    JoHannahDenning11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreicate it! :)
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    squats, deadlifts. Exercising you'll be able to feel in your hamstrings. But definitely squatting, youtube for the correct form.