Eating at night

Options
Does anyone else tend to binge/snack/eat at night after being good all day? I always seem to end up doing it, and it's quite frustrating. I've been trying to eat dinner earlier, but it doesn't completely fix the problem. Does anyone have a good way to avoid this? Thanks :3

Replies

• ladyace0007
    Options
    I have the same problem. For some reason, I feel like anything I eat after ten o'clock just doesn't count. Oh, just one more cookie, I'm about to go to bed anyway.

For me, this is a difficult problem to correct because I'm not actually hungry. So adjusting the rest of my eating schedule doesn't change the fact that I want to snack on something while I'm watching my shows at night. The best advice I can give you is to just practice telling yourself no. It's something we all struggle with, but just hold off whenever you can, and don't beat yourself up about the times you can't.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,166 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories for the day eating at night is fine. It is only a problem if it results in you going over your calories. I would suggest that since you know you do this, just plan for it by leaving calories available to snack at night.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with this!!!! A way that I have found is just to have my biggest meal for dinner and drinking 4 cups of water really helps. Eat your fats at night, it's very satiating. Good luck!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    *raise hand* Yep. My will is at it's weakest at night after dinner.

It's the mentality "Hey, I'm maintaining now I should be able to let myself loose a little on snacks."
    Eat a piece and moments later, back for 2nd. And 3rd... First 4-5 months I was very disciplined, sticking to 1200cal. Now I have trouble staying under 1600cal. Sometimes still overeat even with exercise calories added.

I am lying if I say I am not worry at all.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else tend to binge/snack/eat at night after being good all day? I always seem to end up doing it, and it's quite frustrating. I've been trying to eat dinner earlier, but it doesn't completely fix the problem. Does anyone have a good way to avoid this? Thanks :3
    Last night I had my dinner at 8:30 p.m. I'm about ready to have a small bit of my homemade bread before bed.

Eating at night has nothing to do with weight loss, unless you go over your calorie goal.