Is it realistic to lose 24 pounds by the end of june?

Options
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if that is something I can achieve. It's about 6lbs a month. I'm 195lbs now and want to be 160 (I'll probably wanna lose more later.) when I'm done. In this case I just want to be around 171 by June. Just curious as to what others think.

Also, would it be wise to try and lose more by then?

p.s I'm also 5'8 inches.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yes it's very realistic. I think that's a good pace and I wouldn't recommend you try and go faster than that. Definitely lift weights on your way down to preserve your muscle.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's easy peasy, of course you can. No doubt whatsoever.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is realistic, and that's roughly how my weight loss went (I was similar weight and height, and started last March, have the exact numbers in my profile if you are curious;)

Good luck!:smile:
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think the key to achieving this goal is making a plan you can stick to for 6 months.

But if you do that, I think you can make your goal.

Good luck
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am much shorter than you at 5'3.5" and I'm starting at about 165 right now but I want to lose 25 lbs by the end of June as well! That would put me at 140. Not my end weight, but I am going to a friend's wedding and I'll be able to fit into some of my old dresses at 140! WOOHOO!

I've lost about 7 lbs so far eating between 1400-1900 calories a day, and I've been doing about 20-40 minutes of cardio (elliptical and walking on treadmill at an incline) 5 times a week, and I incorporate dumbbells a few times a week doing squats and lunges and shoulders/bicep/triceps lifts. I know I just have to keep working my butt off!
  • shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Good luck!
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling pretty good about this now!
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    6lbs is doable by my standards but you are closer to your goal then I am to mine. I would shoot for 8, then at least if you fall short, you'll be right on target. If you over shoot your goal, bonus.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That is a realistic and challenging goal. Work hard and live your dreams!! :flowerforyou: