Does anyone else loose inches and not pounds?

Options
I am eating under 1500 calories a day, and the first month i lost 9 pounds. Now on month 3, i have only lost about 14.(still good i know)

I really am loosing inches more than anything else. Almost an inch a week off my hips & waist.

Does anyone else have this going on?

Replies

• Amandabelanger614
    Amandabelanger614 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to spell lose i guess.
  • piersonj
    piersonj Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have found that I cycle. I will lose weight for a while with almost no movement on the tape measure, then the weight lose slows down and my measurements start decreasing. I like to say my body can only focus on one thing at a time, I will even get sick one symptom at a time.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in three months is great, as is losing inches...to me, inches are what matter. Nobody sees the number on the scale but you.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    When I've lost weight in the past, it's often been like that. I'll lose pounds without changing size for a little while, then my weight stays the same and it seems like I'll suddenly shrink. I'd be happier with losing inches, to be honest. Clearly, what you're doing is working, so keep going!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Since my weight loss goal is about losing the inches as well as the weight , I'd be happy with inches. inches likely mean you are getting more fit, not just losing weight.
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose major inches and stay the same weight. It can be frustrating when you go to be weighed in (for any number of reasons) and they see that high number but you don't look that big. For me, this is how we found out that I had hypothyroid disease. Now that I am trying to lose weight, yet again, I have to remind myself to tape once a week so that I do not get discouraged. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you.
  • breasyd2
    Options
    Losing inches is what is important. I know I am happy to know I am shrinking. You are doing great. Keep it up!!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Weight has gone up for me, but pants are sagging in waist. Recomp from strength training.
  • Tondaleya1
    Options
    This is exactly my story. In the last 2 months I've lost 6 total inches, but not pounds. A truly frustrating experience. However, the change to my body is visible. I'm also in clothes I haven't worn in a while too. I also recently found out I have thyroid issues. Still on my journey to change the number on the scale. But I'll take the minuses from the tape measure. The scale will come around soon I believe.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What are loose inches?
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yeah Me too....I am losing a lot of inches with weight lifting, but very few pounds....I am happy that way!! My old clothes are getting loose now...keeps me motivated!
  • jenilia1
    Options
    Many more natural techniques to improve you are diet and beauty:
    1. Drinking much water in a day’s
    2. Everyday go morning walk.
    3. Regularly take exercise.
    4. Regularly get morning sun-shine.These techniques use you are daily life then result you will See you and If you have double thin by facethin problem then you can get rid of double chin to look more beautiful. I'm sure you will love my advice. Good luck!
  • grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me! In 3 months I've only lost 9 pounds BUT I've lost 8 inches. That's almost an inch a pound! Crazy.

It can get really discouraging watching friends drop weight like crazy while we go slow but steady. Feel free to add me!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I first came and was a bit loose on my logging I lost 9 inches and 2.5lbs...I wasn't complaining.

Since I tightened up my logging and started weights (first 10 weeks) I lost 5 1/4lbs and 4 inches...

And don't forget BF% going down too...I have dropped 8.5% bf since I joined.

Scale weight when it comes right down to it isn't the end all to be all...I have got to the point where I really don't care what I weigh. I still get on the scale...but I am not downgraded in emotions if the lbs don't go...

It's all about clothing size and bf% for me. Hard to wrap head around but so worth it.