Hello From Broken Hill, Australia

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm 40 and fat.....just injured myself and realised I need a drastic change in life....well...I did at New Years too but anyways..... I am going to embark on fitness pal and waiting on my fitbit to arrive so that I can monitor my lazy *kitten*.
I am an avid Horse lover and have a thoroughbred I ride when I can. Won't be riding for a while now as I hurt myself, but its going to be an interesting journey to recovery.
I love to sing and host karaoke shows in my hometown and surrounds. I
I love the outback and love camping.

My eating pattern of choice is low carb, so I m going to attempt Body Trim.

My favorite sports to do are horseriding, swimming (for fun), walking and when I am feeling overly energetic Zumba or dance!

Anyhows, I am looking for support and friends of the same interests. And I will be trawling diaries that I can read for inspiration....so feel free to point me in the right direction.

Georgie

Replies

• chris_sutton
    Options
    Hello there - I'm in Qld - in Eumundi. My nutritionist suggested the app and I'm giving it a try. i have back problems and being 67 and well overweight exercise is my bugbear. However, a good physio and exercise physiologist have combined to give me water based walking and pilates strengthening exercise so we'll see what happens.

I'm linking into the Track my fitness app too.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Chris
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    adding!
  • aquivarh
    Options
    Thanks Chris .... I never thought of water exercises? When I am able to use my leg again? I will get onto that coz we have a hydro therapy pool here in town and they do some sort of classes in it. Lol cheers
  • aquivarh
    Options
    O...M.....G...guess what Chris... I did it...I got into a pool....unbloodybelievable....after weeks of not being able to move my lower leg at all...it was bliss...heavenly...and.....

I WILL DO IT AGAIN........

:) YAY me....can wait to get this bloody moon boot off I tell you... hehehe.
  • maxkatemom
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new too...from Canada. You sound like loads of fun. Good luck in your journey.
  • esugrue
    esugrue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Georgie:

G'Day and all that!

I'm in Tamworth and I decided this year too I will finally try and lose some of this extra bucket of fat I am carrying.

Did you get your FitBit - is it any good and keep looking at getting one, but the only exercise I do is some walking, and would use it to monitor my sleeping etc etc.

I started Jan 4, and only weighed my after 5 weeks to see how the In 5 weeks you will weigh was. it was off but my aim was 1 kg a month and I lost 4.5 kg in 5 weeks so I was pleased with that!

Gonna try to lose most of what I need by my 50th birthday which is Christmas Eve!

Ernie
  • aquivarh
    Options
    Thanks Max, doing my best for fits and giggles.. :) Only way to live life...is SMILING!
  • aquivarh
    Options
    Hi Ernie, Yes I did get my fitbit...poor thing is sitting on me wrist not getting much use but it is a great tool to monitor yourself and the longer you wear it the more you learn about your self and more motivated you become to move.... :) i like that its waterproof too so I can get in my spa and have a bit of a swim in my sisters pool too... awesome stuff. It links up well with myfitnesspal apps too
    Anyhoo, gotta go cook dinner for my hungry fam....be good and stay safe. :)
  • aquivarh
    Options
    Chris did you get your fitbit? :)