I am terrible!!!! :( *shaking!!*

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I feel like the worst mother of the year!! :(

J.T. was acting up so I put him in time-out in the same chair I always do. I went to move the chair a little and he tumbled off of it, right onto his head!! OMG,,,,,the angle he hit on his head/neck, I stopped breathing for a minute until I checked everthing out and saw he was ok!!

I have been shaking and crying the last several minutes since it happened. I feel horrible!! What if he had seriously gotten hurt??

I just needed to post this to vent...I can't stop thinking about it!! I wouldn't even let him go for a few minutes until he got annoyed and pushed away to go play with his cars..

I just feel So bad!!! :(:(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I feel like the worst mother of the year!! :(

J.T. was acting up so I put him in time-out in the same chair I always do. I went to move the chair a little and he tumbled off of it, right onto his head!! OMG,,,,,the angle he hit on his head/neck, I stopped breathing for a minute until I checked everthing out and saw he was ok!!

I have been shaking and crying the last several minutes since it happened. I feel horrible!! What if he had seriously gotten hurt??

I just needed to post this to vent...I can't stop thinking about it!! I wouldn't even let him go for a few minutes until he got annoyed and pushed away to go play with his cars..

I just feel So bad!!! :(:(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    It was an accident, mommy, he will be ok. ((((Hug))))
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    If he had a mullet like I had planned, he would have had a beautful cushion of hair to soften the blow of your bad mothering!!!

563902_38ef6d891f_m.jpeg
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's okay! I'm sure he's resilient. My son does stuff like that all the time (well, not ALL the time, but you know). It was an accident! And definitely not your fault. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You are not terrible.
    K landed on her head when she was younger and she turned out normal....well as normal as can be expected for a child of mine.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I was dropped on my head as a child and see what happened to me!!!

SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!?!?!!?!?!?!

fry-aaargh.gif
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Aw sweets, you're not horrible.
    Things happen.

Let me share my "horrible mommy" moment....

A few weeks ago, I was putting Sara to bed. I had her in my arms "airplane" style b/c I have to duck a little b/c the girls are in bunkbeds. I couldn't hold her any longer (30 pounds+ bad back = weakling)so I tossed her on the bed and she bumped her head really hard! She had good sized bump on her forehead. I felt soooooo bad. I just heald her for about a half hour just to make sure she was ok.

Things happen girl. It's not like you meant it. He's ok.

~Jo Jo:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It's SO hard to overcome the guilt we can sometimes apply to ourselves as mothers. Just remember that it's because you're a wonderful mother who loves him to bits that you feel bad - otherwise you would just pass it off without worrying about it. He'll be okay and so will you :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh Tam so be so hard on yourself. Kids are pretty tough. You're no where near the worst mother of the year. I didn't think my son would live to see his third birthday. By the time he was two and a half he had swallowed a nickel and almost choked to death on it, fell down the stairs (and I thought he had surely broken his neck because he had trouble holding his head up on the way to the hospital) and got his finger cut half way off when he had somehow gotten his finger in the door of my bedroom when I shut it (I was carrying him out of my bedroom and somehow he got his finger in the back of the door). Fortunately he survived his childhood and is now a healthy 22 year old. Come to think of it he's still accident prone. He's had his share of accidents even as a young adult. Oooohh that boy's going to be the death of me yet! :noway:

Anyway, your son probably forgot all about the incident about 10 seconds after he got annoyed with you and went to play with his cars. :smile:

Betty
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I appreciate the support. I just feel bad :( I love him SO much...the thought of ANYTHING bad happening to him terrifies me!

J, is that supposed to make me feel better?? Sheesh!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I just remembered something that happened when my son was about 5 or 6. (See, NOW I can laugh about it!) We were doing somersaults on my bed, and he rolled with the top of his head right into the wall. We weren't sure how hard he hit, until my husband pointed to the DENT in the drywall. Poor baby! We felt like the Evil Parents of the World that day, but my son was fine. Um, we never did fix the drywall before we moved. :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I remember one time when my daughter was little and we had went to a department store and she was riding in the shopping cart. I took her out of the cart and she started screaming and I didn't know why she had started screaming so I started to get onto her about it. My girlfriend was with me and she told me, "Betty look". I looked to where she was pointing and there attached to the cart was a big clump of my daughter's long hair that had somewhow gotten stuck in the shopping cart and got ripped out of her head. I felt horrible for getting mad at my daughter for screaming. Talk about the worst mother of the year!

No mullet for your little one. :noway:

Betty
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I hope you feel better!! Don't worry about that, it was an accident...well, that is what he gets for acting up!!!! :laugh: :laugh: just kidding!!! We, parents, have all been there!! :flowerforyou:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    hmmmm We have four kids so where to start . . . . . . .
    I'll spare you the details, but this is something that you may (ok will)remember for a long time but he has already forgotten about it. As a mother, there is nothing worse than your child hurting. But that makes you a GOOD mother, you are concerned and you care and you took the steps to make sure that he was(is) fine. A BAD mother would have ignored it, not bothered and this thread would never have been started. EVERY parent has these moments of What have I done. It's normal, don't stop being the GOOD mom that you are and most importantly, continue to set rules and boundries which you enforce. Enjoy him at evey stage, even though some are MUCH more annoying than others. The memories are all priceless (and not in the cheap comercial way).
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hey, this guy got dropped on his head by his mommy--and not much wrong with him..well, not much anyway.....:tongue:

Tom_Brady_Stetson-thumb.jpg
  • damselfly25
    Options
    Tam...my son is 2 1/2 and has been to the emergency room twice because of me. One time I was in a hurry and he was about 1 1/2 up and walking and as I was shutting the bathroom door he came up behind me and stuck his pinky in the hinged side...to make matters worse in the bathroom door sticks so you have to slam it to get it shut....yup....he needed stitches....Then last winter I was making a cup of tea and I turned my back for a second to get the sugar and he reached up on the counter and pulled the newly boiled cup down on his chest...not his face thank GOD...He had second degree burns on his chest and the skin was like peeling off on me as I held him to me....:sick: ....So...don't feel bad, we've all been there. And if you're lucky your son will forget that you're a horrible mother who hurt him when he was little...(HAHAHA...jk:wink: )
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    stuff like this happens all time. He will be fine, He probubly will not even remember it happened tomorrow. Just breathe be happy hes ok. You'll be fine.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad mommy moments...

When I had my second child I thought I would go "green" and cheap at the same time. I decided to use cloth diapers. My son was fussy and whinning and I figured it was time for a change. He kept fussing while I was trying to change him. I was trying to talk to him and calm him down, but he seemed to get even more irritated and started screaming and squirming. Well, imagine how horrible I felt when I realized that I wasn't just getting the cloth with the safety pin - I was totally poking him with it! :cry: Went back to Huggies after that.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    at least you care, my good friend is a social worker and she tells me of the abuse children are enduring nowadays.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    TAM!!! I'm so sorry! I'm glad that JT is okay though!
    Those things happen all the time. Sadly they might happen again. You can't expect it. You just have to check to make sure they are okay, then you Thank God! When I nannied (which I've been doin since I was 16) I've had kids have the worst falls. They weren't my kids but I still wanted to die just the thought of something happenin to them. You aren't a bad mother at all! You're a great mom.