Need some support and motivation

Options
HI everyone,

I have been on the site for almost a year now, but have been really bad about not sticking with it over time. I used to be a competitive athlete, but stopped a few years ago and have really struggled with my weight ever since. I'm good about getting into a routine with exercise for a while, but my life is a bit crazy and I travel a lot for work and the second I get thrown off my routine I tend to let it fall to pieces.

The worst part is defiantly food, I have a really bad time trying to convince myself not to snack and pick healthier options. I really want to make this work for life now and not just a few months. I stepped on the scale two weeks ago and got the highest weight I have ever been. I feel really disappointed and bad about myself because I hadn't realised how bad it had gotten.

With everything else in life I am really goal orientated and usually am successful in what I set out to do. I want to make this the thing I am successful at now.

Any tips or words of advice and motivation would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    :)

You're in the same boat I'm in. Been on here for a long time on and off with no success but this time is going to be different. Something that makes me feel less stress is actually writing down my thoughts and goals in a journal. It's easy to write down all negative things but what I like to do is write down a negative thing like..."I didn't do well with calories today...." and then a positive thing "...but I know I can do better tomorrow and get past this cause I can do it!" so its admitting my mistake but still being positive about it to move on. Also a thing that helped was changing my fb news feed (if you use it) I got rid of all the cooking pages that has high calories recipes and liked a lot of healthy/fitness pages so my news feed is positive as well.

Hope this helps! :)
  • allysteven880
    Options
    if you have decided to do weight loss, you have already motivated towards your goal. you can easily choose your track. but I tell you that when you choose some of the steps which can be surplus for your weight loss journey, you can achieve it more. just try a good diet and physical workout daily. you can win the race. i was also facing overweight problems and took an amazing supplement Garcinia cambogia. it is not a diet supplement, it is the nutrition and energy provider which also reduce the fat from your body. it is very unique and i was very surprised when i use it in my dieting period. it work fast! eating good food also gives you better results and I think that every thing is vital when you are going to become slim.
  • meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of support! Everything helps with this! I'm working with my roommate to try and get extra motivation with a buddy and had a good day of eating and exercise today.
  • rrieschl
    Options
    Kudos to you for being on here and being so open...it's a great place to be!

I'm always up for a little motivation and a companion along the weight loss journey so please feel free to add me if you would like. I'm new, but motivated. Frankly, l'm just exhausted at being the size I am and have just had enough. I've decided to make a change and hope that this time, unlike other attempts, it sticks for good.

R
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As a fellow former athlete, I totally get where you are coming from! When I was super active, I could (and did) eat whatever, whenever, and no effect. I didn't change my habits when I became more sedentary, and now it's a struggle to get better habits. You have the ability to take on the challenge, the drive to win in athletics can drive you in this! You can do this!
  • meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As a fellow former athlete, I totally get where you are coming from! When I was super active, I could (and did) eat whatever, whenever, and no effect. I didn't change my habits when I became more sedentary, and now it's a struggle to get better habits. You have the ability to take on the challenge, the drive to win in athletics can drive you in this! You can do this!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Im still feeling pretty worried about how I am going to make this work.