Working out my tdee

Options
Hi have seen that there are a few ways to work out your tdee and some are not very accurate as other,any suggestions to the best method please .

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use my own data with this calculation

Total calories consumed+(weight lost x 3500)/# days

But this only works if you weigh your food and are accurate with your logging.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I like to use this one. http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

It's just a place to start, ok? Towards the middle is a drop down menu that will show you the results based on the different popular formulas. Just pick one. Or an average of them. Or post the results here, and we'll help you figure them out.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I put my stats into several different calculators and took the average, then used that as my baseline and tweaked it from there based on results and meticulous logging.

Rigger
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like scooby too. It's been pretty accurate for me so far.
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi went onto scooby and got two results I am only 5 foot and have lost 9 stone over the last 3 year and have 8lb left to take me to just under 9 stone as that s where I would like to be,when I put in all my info Harris benedict at 3/5 hours moderate excercise came at BMW 1323/tdee 2051 20% of came in at 1640 the other mifflin st jeor same details was bar 1195/tdee 1852 and 20% 1462 as you can see quite a difference I pu in moderate 3/5 hours but I do Monday to Friday I and half hours a day of cardio and lifting mixed any help would be great of where I should be thankyou.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I use my own data with this calculation

Total calories consumed+(weight lost x 3500)/# days

But this only works if you weigh your food and are accurate with your logging.

This is what I do too.
  • clarebear230786
    clarebear230786 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use calorieline.com, it's got a lot more work/activity options for you to choose what best matches your lifestyle. It has a lot of useful info on TDEE too :)