1.5 stone to lose in 12 weeks - help please!

Options
Hi all,

So I have been doing weight watchers and managed to lose over a stone (approx 19 pounds). I have 12 weeks until my holiday and want to lose a further 21 pounds...is this doable?

I'm also SO fed up of pointing on weight watchers...i also have started to think i am not eating food which is entirely good for me...e.g. i end up eating a lot of "snack" food rather than proper square, nutritious meals.

I am thinking of giving clean eating a go - a typical menu would be:

Breakfast: oats with blueberries & organic maple syrup
Lunch: chicken/turkey salad with avocado and loads of veggies
Dinner: Chicken with sweet potoato and veg
Snacks: carrots & hummus, fruit, nuts

Does this sound more "healthy"?? i typically waste my "Weekly" weight watchers points on junk and then end up craving more junk. So I'm thinking of completely stopping the whole treat meal/treat day thing until i get to goal.

Has anyone got any advice for me please? Thank you :) xxx

Replies

• Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but if I ate some of that I would be over my calories, especially nuts, humous, avocado, maple syrup.

You can have all of those things, but you need to log something to see if you are hitting you calorie/fat/protein intake.

I agree WW does make you want to eat rubbish food, not the healthiest way at all.

Can you download the myfitnesspal app and track your food, I know it's tracking still and similar to points counting, but if you're serious about your goals then you will see it as a challenge and not a chore :)
  • SarahMZxx
    SarahMZxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) See I didn't even think that would be over my calories...sometimes i think "oh it looks healthy so it will be fine"...but you are so right...it prob is too much calories/good fats.

May have to get back to tracking after all. I'm poorly at the moment but once i am better and can exercise again i will get back to tracking. I will get my diet back on track asap...the exercise can come later xxx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's only doable if you have a lot to lose. Otherwise, try a more realistic 0.5 to 1lb a week (if it's your last 21 lbs).

You don't have to eat clean but if it's what works for you (whatever 'clean' means), go for it.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    I never got the hang of WW points. Weigh everything you eat and count up the calories. MFP is a great help for this. I'd say you could just about make your goal if you monitor everything. Good luck.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stay away from all starches. No rice, potatoes, pasta, carrots etc. Eat lots of green leafy veggies. I agree with you about Weight Watchers. I ate junk as well as making sure I could fit in my two glasses of wine, lol.
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I watched a weight loss program and the girl on it was 7 or 8 stones overweight and she ate so much healthy food, but they said, yes it's healthy but too much will still cause weight gain.

It's a learning curve though, try out a few things and log the calories.. or work out what you would like to eat in advance and input the amounts into the app and see if it's possible.

If you exercise too, then you can eat more.. so if you want to get to goal and still eat some yummy stuff then you can, if you are willing to put the effort into exercising.

I'm so tired all the time that I've not really got into exercising yet, just logging all my food.

Good luck!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    12 weeks sounds doable. If you're fed up with ww because you use your points for rubbish (I've done this too....why would you not eat a packet of rich tea biscuits then veg soup all day?) try embracing MFP, paying strict attention to your macros (you might want to customise them though so protein is higher)

If you've got the time/money/effort to add in some strength training, you should get some really great results in too in that time frame. Have a look at all the success threads with before and afters of ladies lifting heavy stuff :)
  • RadeRad01
    RadeRad01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had been a member of Weight Watchers for many years and essentially gained back everything I ever lost. The "Points Plus!" system is easy, but when you have a metabolism issue like I do, points do not equal calories, and calories are what count. My Fitness Pal is giving me the science behind the diet; the information is great.

You may want to check with your physician about Alli. I have completely plateaued with my weight loss and my doctor recommended I try Alli (Orlistat). I've had some moderate success with adding the product to my daily regimen (down about 8 pounds since starting in January). We're winter bound here in the Northeastern part of the US, so getting outside for a walk is out of the question, so this is not like other diet pills where "You take a pill and exercise 10 hours a week and you will see a loss!". Alli is a supplement that you take within a half hour before your meal.

Warning: There are side effects to Alli. Alli works by coating your intestines so that you do not absorb as much fat from the foods. The down side is all that digested unabsorbed fat needs to exit… usually rapidly. But you get acclimated after a few days.

It's just a thought.

Good luck.
    Rade
  • notwithoutsalt
    notwithoutsalt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's only doable if you have a lot to lose. Otherwise, try a more realistic 0.5 to 1lb a week (if it's your last 21 lbs).

You don't have to eat clean but if it's what works for you (whatever 'clean' means), go for it.

I agree with this post - if those 21 pouns are your last, 12 weeks is not realistic. you'll be dropping ~ 1lb a week.
    you may be able to increase that 1 lb if you exercise. with exercise you'll get leaner muscles and "turn" the fat into muscles. you would look thinner!
  • SarahMZxx
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice :) so helpful! xxx
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So I have been doing weight watchers and managed to lose over a stone (approx 19 pounds). I have 12 weeks until my holiday and want to lose a further 21 pounds...is this doable?

I'm also SO fed up of pointing on weight watchers...i also have started to think i am not eating food which is entirely good for me...e.g. i end up eating a lot of "snack" food rather than proper square, nutritious meals.

Does this sound more "healthy"?? i typically waste my "Weekly" weight watchers points on junk and then end up craving more junk. So I'm thinking of completely stopping the whole treat meal/treat day thing until i get to goal.

Good choice staying away from Weight Watchers. I think it is a complete con. Pay more for smaller portions... that's their secret.
  • SarahMZxx
    Options
    Hi all,

Good choice staying away from Weight Watchers. I think it is a complete con. Pay more for smaller portions... that's their secret.

I never normally buy their products really but do find i eat a lot of things like microwaveable meals and packaged sandwiches etc. just not sure it's best for my overall health to be honest. Just getting over a really nasty virus too so rethinking my whole lifestyle/nutrition xxx
  • SarahMZxx
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice yesterday :) Back to tracking on here now. Decided it's definitely the way forward for me. Will be eating fairly "clean"...and making sure i have good carbs such as oats, sweet potato, brown rice...and trying to have 1 carb free meal a day...plus limit snacking to just fruit if i need to snack. xxx