Ex-Sparkpeople user wanted to try something more organized

Options
I had been using Sparkpeople on and off for 3 years now. Kept giving up on it because they are always changing the site design and adding more needless functions. I mean, how many goal sliders do you need? The site was just too cluttered and too confusing after a while.

I actually heard about this place from a forum post on there so I thought I'd give it a shot. I like what I see so far. Way better interface than sparkpeople. Everything is so much more accessible and neatly organized.

Replies

• AWS1985
    Options
    No one wants to say hi? :frown:
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy MFP. I love it!
  • MissjessA193
    MissjessA193 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I agree with you on the SP website. :)
  • watermelonsugar_
    Options
    Hey! I used to use spark people years ago. I loved the site, but you're totally right... it's too much clutter and it doesn't function well. The app was also super slow.

Welcome to MFP, it has it's flaws but it's definitely more user friendly!
  • AWS1985
    Options
    Yeah, they also make you pay for the app now unless you are a corporate member. The app for myfitness pal is pretty much what sealed the deal for me when it came to making the switch.
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome AWS!!!!!!!!!!! When I was making the choice to use a food tracking app I had heard of these two MFP and SparkPeople, I just decided to go with MFP on a whim. I'm glad I did, besides some bugs with my Striiv app it works well and is free! Make yourself at home and continued success on your journey :)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I came over here from SP as well. I agree, their site is cluttered and annoying to navigate. Welcome! :drinker:
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome
  • angelred4kids
    angelred4kids Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to use Sparkpeople too and some of my recipes are saved there. I gave up on the clutter. Only thing I miss is the little veggie/fruit button. Not sure if they even still have that anyway.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I came from SP too. At first it was fun reading all the articles and doing other stuff on the site to get points. But after a couple years I was over it.
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm a relative newbie here, and love it. There are a few annoyances, but the camaraderie and support more than make up for it. Welcome, and good luck.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I used it for a bit and while i enjoyed some of the groups..the biggest thing for me was breaking into the community..
    this place seems to facilitate that a little better.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also was at sparkspeople and as you said too much stuff, this site here is very nice user friendly..welcome to the group :flowerforyou:
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I used to use sparkpeople also. Was going to start using it again when I started back up but they wanted to charge for their tracking app. So on a whim I download MFP, since it was free, So glad I did! I love how this site is so social. It's like having gym and nutrition buddies with me all the time and I don't have to go to a "group" to talk to them :)
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi AW. I kinda dabbled with Sparkpeople and I do like their recipes and I have a couple of their exercise videos but I love exercise videos. I agree their site is confusing. I picked MFP and I have lost over 30 lbs here and a total of 64 lb weight loss with Weight Watchers. I know you will like it here. The people are so nice and helpful. Add me to your list of friends. :smile:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    i will give you that the recipes were and still are awesome...

if anyone would like to add for support happyplease feel free
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used Spark for a long time and then went to Weight Watchers. When I decided I didn't want to pay anymore, I looked at MFP and Spark. MFP won me over with their free app. I use it constantly. I just had to go log in to Sparkpeople to see it because I haven't been there forever and it is very cluttered. I did like the daily reports it gave at the end of the day and the buttons to track fruits and veggies though.