2 pounds in 3 weeks:(

Options
I thought it would have been more. I have not neen able to excercise as I want as I have been ion hospital having a small op and now have a horrible cold! I sometimes think that I do not eat enough! What do you think? I hope you can see my food diary
Alison

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    2 pounds in 3 weeks considering a hospital stay and a op and illness is really good. I really wouldn't be disappointed with that one of the things they do in any surgery is normally use saline which is salty water so that may cause you to keep a lot of water weight. I would though advise you to eat a wee bit more you're only averaging around a 1000 calories a day you really need to try and eat some more as this will help you to get nutrition and energy so when you can work out you will be able to work out harder. Is it your appetite that's the problem I know that can suffer post op. At 1200 or even 1400 calories you are likely to still lose weight.

Be proud of the progress you have already made. I'd keep doing what your doing try and up the calories a little and then when your able introduce some more exercise. Good Luck and I love your doggies
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Two pounds in three weeks is good. For some people, it can take weeks before any loss is seen as the body adjusts. Those you see with big number usually either have 100+ pounds to lose, or lost water weight mixed with fat and/or LBM loss. Just keep doing what you're doing. Exercise isn't mandatory for weight loss, although it's good for your health, helps you hang onto LB m (resistance training, anyway), and can help speed the process a bit, and/or allow you to eat more.
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, you had an op? Well, that will explain it then.. I know when I've had operations I've felt a fat bloated mess for at least a few months afterwards.. The painkillers/anaesthetic all bung me up and cause water weight gain.

Don't worry too much, but do eat more, this will help you as fatdoob says and also you need to recover from the operation.

Good luck !
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds great especially considering an OP! Imagine what you can do now! Weight loss is up and down, I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and these last two weeks I haven't lost anything, just keep at it!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I fail to see why this is a problem?
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's actually really good. Try no pounds in 11 days...that is what I got going on right now.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 3 weeks isn't bad at all. I rarely lose more than that (I usually lose about .5lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less). I don't see how much weight you are looking to lose, but if it's not a lot, it does take longer to come off. Since you had surgery too, I'd worry more about recovery than really fast weight lose.
  • Seeds45
    Options
    I would be totally happy with 2 pounds in 3 weeks. They will stay off better then the 4 pounds you might lose in 1 week. Your loss is likely mostly fat, not all water weight.
    As long as you are losing, be happy. Hell, be happy anyway.
  • ALISCOTLAND
    Options
    God you people are great! :):) Thanks sooo much for all the positive comments. I am starting to get more mobile. It is this horrible cold that is holding me back more than the op! I have my 6 week check in a couple of weeks so want to start back at the gym next week just gently and then I start lambing till the begining of June so wont have much chance to get there!! I an going to try and eat more. I know that most days I find it hard to be at my 1200 but will try and plan things out better. Thankyou all so much and hope no body is among all this awfull weather we are having

AlisonXXX
  • ALISCOTLAND
    Options
    Thankyou. Your comments make sense to me. I am going to try and eat some more and keep at 1200 a day. ;0
    These were my two working cockers Sweep and Lexie who I lost in a terrible road accident 3 years ago! Still miss them dearly:(:( XXX
  • barbalari
    barbalari Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would give ANYTHING to lose 3lbs in 2 weeks!! Plateau for 7 weeks!! Be thankful! :drinker:
  • lindeyrae1028
    Options
    Don't lose hope! I am finding that our bodies do really weird things! I have been working with the myfitnesspal app for about 3.5 weeks now. week 1 was incredible! 6 lbs down in only about 5 days... I could hardly believe it. But then the pounds started coming back little at a time. I assumed it was water weight or building muscle... but here I am 24 days in and only down 6.2 lbs. A little depressing but I'm still pushing through!! Don't give up! :-)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ive lost 8 lbs in four months. it also has to do with how your body reacts. lost a size, so im happy! any loss is a loss. try takin pics now also so when u dont see any change on the scale you will see change in your body.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I always thinking in terms of sticks of butter. 1lb is 4 sticks of butter. So you lost 8!! That's a whole lotta butter. You want slow progress it lasts longer. Your body will adjust and maintain so you can keep it off. Keep you're head and realize that any progress is good progress!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Just give up
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Ummm.... so what's the issue? I'd like to lose 2 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I would though advise you to eat a wee bit more you're only averaging around a 1000 calories a day you really need to try and eat some more as this will help you to get nutrition and energy so when you can work out you will be able to work out harder. Is it your appetite that's the problem I know that can suffer post op. At 1200 or even 1400 calories you are likely to still lose weight.

+1

If you're healing from an op, plus trying to recover from a cold, you need nutrition! If you haven't mentioned your diet to your doctor/surgeon, I would really recommend doing so. At the very least, try going up to 1200 or 1400 for a week and see how you feel.

Depending on where you are in the healing process, you can still have water retention and inflammation, so don't stress so much about weight loss until you're healed. Two pounds in three weeks when you're sick/healing is actually really good. Just focus on taking care of yourself now, and then you'll be ready to hit the workouts hard.