Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• Darkaller
    Darkaller Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Invited a bunch of singles out for drinks for a anti valentine.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Going to a steakhouse with friends but ordering a big *kitten* salad since I'm a vegetarian.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Dinner and then er..."hard cardio" afterwards. :laugh:
  • DannT28
    Options
    Unfortunately valentines day can take a run and jump this year I'm afraid haha... Single life is boring! Where's all the nice honest women these days ? LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I never order flowers. Especially for special holidays. Plsses me off that they charge so much more on those days.

However, I decided that I would order flowers for my wife this Valentine's Day. So I went to Proflower's website and ordered a dozen long-stemmed roses. A little spendy. And, of course, I would always recommend sending them to her work, because it's just as important that her co-workers see them as it is that I sent them. Then, my daughter came into the room and I told her about it. She said, "Mom isn't going to work on Friday. She has the day off." F@#K!!!

So...I go back on line to change the delivery. As soon as I open up the site, I see a notice that says "Due to the high volume, no cancellations or alterations to orders can be made after February 7th." By now, I'm apoplectic. I call the customer service line. On hold for about 20 minutes. I don't even care about the flowers at this point; I just want to tell someone to kiss my a ss. Daughter looks at me, starts to speak, thinks better of it and leaves the room. Finally, I get a live voice. Rebecca.

"How may I help you."

It's all I can do to calmy explain my conundrum. Rebecca checks on my order and tells me there is nothing she can do about it. The order has already been placed locally. I still manage to be polite as she explores "other" possibilities.

I am glad I held my tongue. Rebecca set up a second delivery to my wife's work on the 13th at no additional charge. She then told me that the original order will still be delivered to my wife's work on Valentine's Day and should be waiting for her when she gets to work on Tuesday. (She has Monday off, too.) I really like Rebecca.

I also made reservations at the Portland Seafood Company for dinner on Friday.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I never order flowers. Especially for special holidays. Plsses me off that they charge so much more on those days.

However, I decided that I would order flowers for my wife this Valentine's Day. So I went to Proflower's website and ordered a dozen long-stemmed roses. A little spendy. And, of course, I would always recommend sending them to her work, because it's just as important that her co-workers see them as it is that I sent them. Then, my daughter came into the room and I told her about it. She said, "Mom isn't going to work on Friday. She has the day off." F@#K!!!

So...I go back on line to change the delivery. As soon as I open up the site, I see a notice that says "Due to the high volume, no cancellations or alterations to orders can be made after February 7th." By now, I'm apoplectic. I call the customer service line. On hold for about 20 minutes. I don't even care about the flowers at this point; I just want to tell someone to kiss my a ss. Daughter looks at me, starts to speak, thinks better of it and leaves the room. Finally, I get a live voice. Rebecca.

"How may I help you."

It's all I can do to calmy explain my conundrum. Rebecca checks on my order and tells me there is nothing she can do about it. The order has already been placed locally. I still manage to be polite as she explores "other" possibilities.

I am glad I held my tongue. Rebecca set up a second delivery to my wife's work on the 13th at no additional charge. She then told me that the original order will still be delivered to my wife's work on Valentine's Day and should be waiting for her when she gets to work on Tuesday. (She has Monday off, too.) I really like Rebecca.

I also made reservations at the Portland Seafood Company for dinner on Friday.

Flower for you sir, for not going bat *kitten* crazy on Becky.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Today we celebrating out, tomorrow gifts!! Yay!!! :drinker:
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Husband and I are hitting up a wine bar and exchanging a gift for $20 or under. I found a deal on a botle of scotch at Trader Joe's. He should dig it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    sushi, hibachi, then a movie. card exchange, then body fluid exchange (if you've seen demolition man, you'll get that reference).

No flowers, I'll get those on an off week cuz they up charge those damn things riduculous just for this holiday!

Plus our anniversary is in two weeks.
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going to a steak house to have dinner. :)
  • Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    Well, my boyfriend's overseas right now so I'm probably not doing anything. :(
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I decided since Valentine's day fell on a Friday that we didn't want to go out for dinner. We are getting Chinese take out, renting a movie and going to our favorite place for ice cream. :heart:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Cooking part of over 300 dinners. Can't wait.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Me either :love:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    wine and cheese for a party of one :sad:

Girl, you know how to love you bet, so you eat that wine and cheese honey, and love yourself.

Pretty sure she just told you to "love yourself" Djinn. Does that still get the bow chicka wow wow soundtrack???

As for me, I have dinner with the two ladies in my profile and then an MFP meetup with some additional people on Saturday. Cannot wait.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I bought the BBQ grill. When do you get here?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

However, I decided that I would order flowers for my wife this Valentine's Day.

That reminds me, there is a deal that should still be on...

Amazon local has a $30 gift card for $15 o 1800flowers
    At the 1800 flowers website if you click on "radio listener" then put in RUSH you get a deal on delivered 12ct long stemmed roses.

Roses+ shipping should come out to about $40 total. Not bad for the stupidest day of the year to buy flowers.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My husband always forgets :grumble:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I'm going to work, and then working out, and then I will be meeting an MFP friend.
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Never had any luck with VD when I was married. Now single, dont even feel the need or want to go out with anyone for this occocasion. Very much over rated in my book. Guess thats what you get when you have been ignored for this depressing "holiday".