Anyone use Pact?

Options
Hey all, I've been checking out Pact and I'm really seriously considering it. I'm plateauing pretty hard at the moment and with a few extra road bumps that life threw at me lately, I'm struggling. I'm looking at doing both the gym pact and the logging...thoughts?

Replies

• SarahHensLew
    Options
    I use it and it actually syncs with MyFitnessPal for an extra pact. It definitely makes me do that extra workout a week that I sometimes dread.

You can set it so you only have $5 at stake per missed workout, or more if you need that extra motivation. Here's how I use it: I do boot camp 3x/week and I don't wear my phone strapped to me for it, so I only use it for my "off" (meaning mainly cardio) days when I go to the gym or do the elliptical at home. But knowing that I have cash at stake makes me get in that extra little bit each week.

The MyFitnessPal connection is new, but it's nice since I was already using it.

The cash takes a while to accumulate. For me it's about $1.50/week, which makes it even more motivating not to miss a workout or a food log because I know it'll take me 3 weeks to get back to where I was.
  • BootCamper10
    BootCamper10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What is Pact?
  • Bump
  • swtiajenice
    swtiajenice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love it! Helps keep me from slacking too many days each week. I use the exercise and MFP portion of the Pact.
  • jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had a friend mention this to me yesterday....I downloaded the Pact app to check it out. Maybe this is a sign :bigsmile:

Also...anyone hear of dietbet? You "bet" that you can lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks....I'm about right in the middle of the 4 weeks right now. When $30 is on the line, it definitely makes you reevaluate every single bite that goes in your mouth!
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had a friend mention this to me yesterday....I downloaded the Pact app to check it out. Maybe this is a sign :bigsmile:

Also...anyone hear of dietbet? You "bet" that you can lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks....I'm about right in the middle of the 4 weeks right now. When $30 is on the line, it definitely makes you reevaluate every single bite that goes in your mouth!

I've been debating dietbet as well. A couple friends of mine use that and it really seems to work for them! Anyway, good luck with your pact, Janna!!