Food

Options
Hello everyone I am looking for some food suggests. What are your favorite things you eat for breakfast lunch and dinner that keep you full. Thanks for any help

Replies

• docbrox87
    Options
    Hey! I'd say you wanna aim high protein - that's what will keep you fuller for longer! Lean bacon and eggs with some greens, oat and protein pancakes are a good one too! For lunch things like tuna, low fat cottage cheese, chicken salad etc are a great way to eat quite a lot of food but at low calories and high protein :) Check out my diary for some ideas
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'd say you wanna aim high protein - that's what will keep you fuller for longer! Lean bacon and eggs with some greens, oat and protein pancakes are a good one too! For lunch things like tuna, low fat cottage cheese, chicken salad etc are a great way to eat quite a lot of food but at low calories and high protein :) Check out my diary for some ideas

How do i view your diary?
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i usually have an egg and a slice of toast with cheese and hot sauce tastes yummy and has perfect amount of kick and i eat it open face sandwich
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    i usually have an egg and a slice of toast with cheese and hot sauce tastes yummy and has perfect amount of kick and i eat it open face sandwich

The only thing that works for me is eating 3 balanced meals then several small snacks during the day.

The open-faced egg sandwich sounds delicious. I'm going to try that for breakfast tomorrow.

tKhYRjm.jpg
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Eggs are awesome, I like to make egg wraps with scrambled eggs, cheese, flat bread, and as much spinach as I can stuff in there. I also find that if I eat vegetables at every meal that I get a lot more volume with meals without a ton of extra calories. If I'm going to the gym that morning then I usually start my day with yogurt or hot multi-grain cereal and then finish with eggs and such when I get home.

For me the key is to look at the calorie density of food and look for choices that allow more volume for less calories. Lettuce, broccoli slaw, spinach, carrots, pepper sticks, etc. There's a website that shows what 200 calories looks like in different foods, that shows you just how much the volume varies depending on the food.
  • Sparklymom0125
    Options
    I've been eating egg muffins for breakfast (egg, spinach, low fat cheese & low sodium ham). They're really good & keep me full. Planning on making protein pancakes soon. Haven't tried them yet. Haveground turkey with spinach, baked chicken with veggies, salmon with veggies, I eat brown rice once a day. I eat 4 smaller meals & snacks through out the day to stay full. Trying to focus on high protein, low sodium, low sugar. Some of my favorite snacks are arice cake with a tsp of natural peanut butter, quest bars (very high on protein), carrots, natures path bars, greek yogurt.
  • docbrox87
    Options

How do i view your diary?
    Add me as a friend, then click my profile and there will be an option to look at my food diary :)