Have you had results with leslie sansone dvds?

Options

Replies

• Kennedi6
    Kennedi6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone workout dvds and I if youre consistent the results are great. I love her so much my dvd player went out over the weekend and I went on youtube and worked out. I have been doing her workouts on my laptop. She has such a variety to choose from its unreal.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I just started using her DVD's and I enjoy them! With the pace, weights and added moves my heart rate is much more elevated then walking outside. I think they are a great cardio and toning workout. I don't mind her voice but have recently been playing them on the laptop and watching TV while I do them, the miles fly by!

I live in town so have to stop at every intersection - not very conducive to a good burn when walking. And I do also walk outside every day, unless it is snowing, icing or below zero. Which had been the last three months here :(

Totally agree. I would have to stop every block for cars in my neighborhood, so my pace is slower when I walk outside. When the weather is nice i love to walk outside, but I don't count it as an aerobic exercise; I usually have the kids with me or am hauling books to the library. The DVDs help me keep a consistent level of activity for a sustained period, and that's what burns the calories. I'm also seeing nice muscle toning in my arms and legs.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 3mile one. She talks a little too much but whatever. I like it.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've lost about five inches off my waist with her videos alone. :) I mix it up between her videos on youtube and the Ultimate Five Day Walk DVD I have. Sometimes, I add weights, for an extra boost.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 15 lbs. gone with her videos. Love it!! (Although her voice is kind of annoying.) :laugh:

It's very annoying but she seems to like to help folks
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started doing her DVD's exclusively 2 weeks ago due to hip, low back and SI joint issues. I have the 4 mile express, 5 mega miles, 4 fast miles and 5 mile walk slim. I'm in decent shape even though I'm overweight but due to my joint issues this is the way I have to do it. I still sweat and feel as if I got a decent workout. I'm also doing weight watchers so hopefully together this will work.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes, about 15 lbs. gone with her videos. Love it!! (Although her voice is kind of annoying.) :laugh:

I'd rather listen to Leslie than to Jillian Michaels. At least Leslie is positive and encouraging! Just did a 45 minute 3 mile workout that felt so good. :)
  • RocknGirl8
    RocknGirl8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just restarted doing Leslie Sanson's DVD this week. It has motivated me to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill as well. So, I guess in a few weeks I will see how well it works. So far, it has been fun. I too have put it on my laptop and watched tv with it. Looking to get some of her other DVDs because the 5 really big miles is kind of annoying when she decides to introduce everyone. But the time did go by quickly. I didn't realize that I had done 40 minutes after doing 3 miles.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes - Leslie comes across as very genuine to me. Like a very chatty neighbor.:wink:

Some of her DVDs with a MUSIC ONLY option listed here.................

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I was curious how people viewed her dvds.
  • hnm921
    hnm921 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Her voice annoys me too, but she's so easy to follow that I will mute the TV and just listen to my ipod while I do the DVD. Much more enjoyable like that and most of the time, by the end, I'm pumped up by the music that I feel like I could keep trucking along!
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    47lbs. gone with using her dvd's :-)
  • Mobaygirl97
    Options
    21 pounds gone here and I have dropped 2 pant sizes. I LOVE her workouts and got my husband doing them as well. I alternate days between a 4-5 mile fast walk video and then do one of her weighted ball videos followed by the walk and tone video.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Few days back, I have started with the 1 mile walk video in the mornings when my baby naps but with my elder one either exercising with me or running around my feet lol.... Its just 15 mins or so, so doable for me.... I tried other work outs but I like her the most as I enjoy walking and her voice doesn't bother me.. Also, I have dialysis recti after 2nd baby so prefer walking..

I am loosing weight by maintaining diet as per my calorie allowance (gone from Obese BMI to Overweight BMI - thats nice for me), but wasn't loosing the fat near my hips / thigh So I thought I would give this a try...

From next week, I will start with 2 miles. I am planning to use some dumbbells for the arm exercise.... Apart from this I walk outside (with pram) 1 mile 2-3 times / week. I will take measurements in 2 weeks from starting the workout and realllyyy hoping to see some results for my hips/thigh measurement..... finger crossed
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started with Leslie Sansone workouts in 2011, in fact, the very day I stepped on a scale and saw 242 pounds looking back at me. I went to rent a movie to take my mind of my problems and saw the video store offered free workout videos as a bonus. There were quite a few fitness professionals to choose from but most of them looked intimidating. I saw Leslie's smiling face on the cover and decided to give her a try.

At first I thought I'd made a mistake picking a too-easy workout, but halfway into the first mile I realized this was something different. I was starting to sweat and could tell my heart rate was up. I just barely made it through the two mile workout. This was an eye-opener, though I had been using walking as my go-to exercise for years, I had to admit I hadn't been working hard enough on my own.

Two years later, I'm still walking with Leslie. I am 56 years old, 5'9" tall. I've lost 40 pounds so far and many inches and now wear a size 14/16. I have hypothyroidism and a lot of joint pain issues, so I needed a sensible workout program that wouldn't tear me down, physically OR mentally. My self-esteem is very fragile and I always felt like a failure when I tried workout videos that were far beyond my fitness level. I couldn't keep up and the next day I'd pay for even trying with extremely sore muscles. And then I'd feel even sorrier for myself and give up.

The first time I did Leslie's workout, I struggled, but I made it through. She made me feel as if I could do it, she kept saying, "If this move is too hard for you, don't worry, just go back to walking, you're getting a great workout if you keep the pace." And before long, I could do the harder moves and after a few months, I was regularly walking five miles. It may sound silly, but hearing that it was ok to do what I could at the level I was currently at was very motivating. Wow, I can do this!

I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey but I don't feel like a fitness failure any more. I'd encourage any one to give Leslie Sansone a try. She's my hero.:smile:
  • scooterjen
    scooterjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've found that my Ipod turned to 80s music does a wonderful job drowning out Leslie's voice! Just my 2 cents.
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a GaiamTV subscription ($10) you can find it online. They stream TONS of workouts, including LOTS of Leslie Sansones, as well as healthy living stuff.

I play it on my computer at work during lunch sometimes. It also works on my tablet, and through my Roku streaming player at home.

They have some Jillian Michaels, and The Firm, some Piulates and yoga, etc.

Its like Netflix for health conscious people.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've found that my Ipod turned to 80s music does a wonderful job drowning out Leslie's voice! Just my 2 cents.

This^

OR

Leslie's DVDs with a "music only" option

OR

I have a cheap MP3 will all fast songs.....140 BPM range....nice change of pace.
  • ejosborne14
    ejosborne14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of her full dvds on you tube check them out :) i use those
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of her full dvds on you tube check them out :) i use those

I use her vids on YouTube, too. Also, I make her videos smaller and put the sound down very low so I can watch her out of the corner of my eye (to make sure I'm keeping pace and doing the right moves) while I watch another show :laugh: (cuts out all the chatter).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!